Recomended Supplier

stevedohc2b

Hi have had a prob with the starter over heating when the engine is hot the exhaust is almost touching the starter motor ( it did at first so re spaced exhaust ) so had to replace the motor i contacted the firm on e bay who sold me a Denso alternator customising it with a different pulley. talked through my prob with heat and exhaust near the solenoid they suggested an item from an auto has the starter mounted on the other side of engine and if fitted would move it down out of the way. this has more amps as well prob was it was longer and would not fit So the customised one for me taking the mount from an auto and the motor and solenoid from a Mondeo which gives more amps with the same size body.

This was supplied the next day with only a £10 extra charge.

When some one is so help full and knowledgeable I can only recommend them They are called Electrostart LINK And Ray is most help full. They will call you back almost straight away after receiving an e mail.

In times of crap service this is great.

Attached photo This is for a zetec fitted to an MT 75 box but i think starter is same on all zetec conversions.

Stephen

post-697-1209634738_thumb.jpg

This link should be kept as its certainly hard to find helpful & understanding suppliers like that who listen & come up with a satisfactory solution to the problem in hand 10 out of 10 for that .

Mike

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Got a denso style alternator, but the pulley was the wrong size (only 4 grove not 6), called these guy's on Wed, they took details and said they would see what they could do.

They phoned me back on Thurs to say they had one that would do the job, I got it Fri.

Brilliant service, and they new exactly what I wanted.

10 out of 10

Steve

• 3 months later...
Guest jeffszero
Hi have had a prob with the starter over heating when the engine is hot the exhaust is almost touching the starter motor ( it did at first so re spaced exhaust ) so had to replace the motor i contacted the firm on e bay who sold me a Denso alternator customising it with a different pulley. talked through my prob with heat and exhaust near the solenoid they suggested an item from an auto has the starter mounted on the other side of engine and if fitted would move it down out of the way. this has more amps as well prob was it was longer and would not fit So the customised one for me taking the mount from an auto and the motor and solenoid from a Mondeo which gives more amps with the same size body.

This was supplied the next day with only a £10 extra charge.

When some one is so help full and knowledgeable I can only recommend them They are called Electrostart LINK And Ray is most help full. They will call you back almost straight away after receiving an e mail.

In times of crap service this is great.

Attached photo This is for a zetec fitted to an MT 75 box but i think starter is same on all zetec conversions.

Stephen

Guest jeffszero

hi ,looking at your post,regarding the starter motor,ill keep the link thanks ,i did notice that you have fitted a blacktop zetec to a mt75 box,what spacer did you fit for the clutch arm to fit ?been looking around and cant find the size req,and gbs mention removing the pivot point in bell housing and replacing with a bolt to take up the differance and its adjustable.

many thanks

jeff

jeff.barlow@sky.com

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...