Engine Revs And Heating

Guest paul091085

Guest paul091085

Finally got my hood back on the road after its wishbone conversion and have now done around 200 miles. Suspension handles fantastic compared to the sliding pillar, but my engine is running very warm and cuts out on occasions.

If driving at normal speeds in a casual manner the temp stays fine, but when driving hard in any gear and especially in fifth, the temp rockets up. However, putting the fan on brings the temp down to the letter 'M' on the sierra guage. Nothing has changed since the conversion, so im a little confused??

In a possibly seperate issue, i have my idle at 1000rpm. The car ticks over lovely like this, but when i drive hard then come to a quick halt, the engine revs drop rapidly and the car cuts out unless you quickly blip the throttle and catch it. It is rare that i can come to a stop and have the idle settle at 1000rpm. If it doesn't cut out, its normally settles at around 750-800 rpm. What might possibly be causing this?

Is there a chance these 2 issues are related?

Paul