Stoneleigh The Show

stevedohc2b

After camping Sunday night to leave the show at 9am today to get to work, Jeez! the rain on the M69 nearly took the skin off my face cos of the aeroscreen (maybe full face helmets are in order for the rain).....

Found the RHOCAR register but couldnt find the camp area, so had to make do with a mixed field right at the back.

But 1st run out to a show and had a brill time, cant wait to do some more.

Or get some 5 metre flags and erect them around the camp site so everyone can see rhocar. It took me half an hour to find the camping area!

Lets hope the new committee make some important advances when it comes to these shows. They are long over due

steve

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or get some 5 metre flags and erect them around the camp site so everyone can see rhocar. It took me half an hour to find the camping area!

Lets hope the new committee make some important advances when it comes to these shows. They are long over due

steve

The camping ares was on a post on here link and i am doing some new banners but the camp site has buildings on 2 sides so is hidden so flags would not help much.

If you had asked we would have met and lead you in no prob.

stephen

Just a thought on the above comments , has any one thought of or done a talk in using CB as this could be very helpfull to rein in the lost sheep .

Mike

Guest gdc

hi

just like to say thanks for the guys organising the stand bbq ect i for one had a great time .

with the exception of managing to pitch my tent (if you can call it that )down stream of the main river .

woke up soaked at 3pm mon morn and didnt get back off to sleep again .

good we/end and sun sunshine made up for the bad night .

see you at newark

regards graham

and regarding the hotel dweller well what can i say , its already been said.

CB! Strike a light. We all have mobile phones already!! Fair enough, a phone number for lost sheep has only just been posted. No need to go to the expense of buying a CB.

Rhocar could perhaps purchase a club show phone specifically for this use.

Post a reminder of the phone number on the website prior to a show.

Publish it in the mag under 'show phone' or whatever.

Enlist a volunteer to cart the phone around at each show.

Only switch it on for the duration of the show.

Stick nails in the tyres of any member who abuses this service.

Nigel

I don't think any members personal phone number should be put up in case of abuse. The halfwitted I can live with and may even be joining when my promotion comes through. The malicious are a pain in the ****.

PS Forgot to say I enjoyed the show, had several good moans about wet/cold/camping/age/arthritis/vibrating zetecs/GBS/neutron bombs and a few other things. Great to see all the old faces, chew burgers and drink a tinny or two, meet some new faces, poke around under bonnets, and breathe petrol and tyre smoke for a couple of days. Thanks to Ian, Steve and the officers for providing a centre point. Big up to Martin and his son for bringing their Exmo over from Holland!

Hi All,

Another good show in my opinion. I missed Mitch's post (would that have been better posted in the Events section?) so I wandered around for a while looking for the camp site. No complaints though, a quick call to Big Lee and I was safely guided into the fold. Great to see everyone and meet some new faces too. For me, it was a 280 mile round trip. Very pleased - No issues with the car. Oh sorry there was one, I had to stop to adjust the passenger side mirror. Thanks to Tim & Sue for their hard work over the years and to the one remaining and new officials. Your hard work doesn't go by unappreciated. See you all at Newark (and some of you at Le Mans, beforehand) - What's the betting I'm going to get really lost over there eh? :D

... Proud member of the Phukarwi Tribe.

Guest chris brown

steve

Fine are you going to store them and be first at all shows to put them up? Unlike Cateringvans and Westfield Etc we don’t have a large vehicle that goes along the day before to set everything up for us it is all done on a DIY basis and long may it stay that way IMHO

The camping ares was on a post on here link and i am doing some new banners but the camp site has buildings on 2 sides so is hidden so flags would not help much.

If you had asked we would have met and lead you in no prob.

stephen

If he had kept up we would have lead him directly in, you were with us when we left the petrol station Steve?

Mitch

Fine are you going to store them and be first at all shows to put them up? Unlike Cateringvans and Westfield Etc we don’t have a large vehicle that goes along the day before to set everything up for us it is all done on a DIY basis and long may it stay that way IMHO

No, that is the job of the events secretary. As with any position of authority there comes increased responsibility and setting up events should come under the same banner (no pun intended) as any other organising of the event.

And why not head up there the day before and set it up? That again is all part of organising an event. A half arsed effort is very obvious, and doesn't help the club to shine and bring in more members. Hopefully the new committee will take on members ideas and bring the club into the 21st century and leave behind the old dinosaurs. There is a huge amount that needs to be addressed by the new committee and one of the biggest i believe is they way in which subs are paid.

It took me nearly 2 months from when i decided to renew until i was a 'member' I had to order a cheque book as i didn't think i needed one anymore as no-one else in the country wants cheques. Then wait weeks for it to be cashed and processed. In 2008 no-one is without a card that can have the whole job done in under 5 minutes. It certainly would bring in more members as we are in a lazy generation were people want things done now, not wait weeks. They say the club can't afford new flags and the like, A huge saving can be made by scrapping the mag. Is this really needed now we have the internet? articles can be written online, more pictures uploaded, and save the planet by not wasting paper. Tax disc holders, really necessary? i won't be putting my tax disc in it so some thieving scum can peel it of my windscreen. Cards, again not necessary, i have a stack of them in my bottom draw, exactly where they go after i open the membership pack, and exactly where they will stay.

calenders, 200 left! two hundred. and they are charity items. Why not donate a sum to the charity instead of waste the money with something that didn't sell? it is better to order too few and be in profit, than too many and lose money.

Same with the clothes, bulk purchases needed so that only items that are wanted and paid for in advance are ordered. I bet it was a chunk of my membership money that is sat in those unwanted t-shirts and fleeces in sues shed.

The club takes over £11,000 per year in membership fees, this could be put to so much good use to make rhocar stand out brighter than caterham and westfield clubs.

Please, new committee, do what is needed and have a shake up of the old system and make rhocar the biggest and best club out there.

Guest salty_monk

Big ideas in Liverpool these days don't they ;) :lol:

I think you're at risk of upsetting a lot of people unless you're prepared to step up to the plate!

Guest craig030774

not a job i would want to do and remember that it they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart yes may not suit everybodys needs but come on a bit of support for those who give up their time and have two travelling expenses to get all the gear there.

semi agree about mag but not everyone got a computer or not at least at home (or no how to use the bloody things )

£15 well spent and with it being the 1st show that i made it to with the car met a lot of nice people and possibly go camping at newark now on that basis

craig