Crashed The Hood

Guest shagster

Guest shagster

:cray: :cray: :80: Well, I thought it was about time I posted a few pickys of what I did to my car.

This all happend about 2 months ago on my way home from work, I had picked up the hood

from the farm (where she is kept over the winter), left the daily driver at farm to be collected later

after meeting the northwest lads for monthly meet and I headed for home,

after a good run round a few of my favorite twisty bits I came into the 30 limit thus ending play for now,

after about a mile the road bends left, right, then a 90' left then into a 40 limit, on exiting this 90' I got abit over

enthusiastic with my right foot and the cheap NAGASAKI TEFLON rear tyres let go grip of the road somewhat unexpectedly

mid corner, car now sideways and said tyres decide to grip again and I am now just a passenger.

We go over the kirbing, straight through the wooden 4 by 2 slatted fence, up rooting 3 fence posts as we go,

One of which comes into the car through the drivers side door window hitting me first in the right arm, then in the face

then into my left arm rite at the elbow and came to rest in the passenger seat,

thank god my daughter wasnt with me,

and me and the car come to rest 30 foot from a pond in a wooded area at the edge of the field.

The only person to stop was a motorcycle who was some way behind, but the other car drivers took great

pleasure in seeing me in the field,even though I was still sat in the car with blood pi@@ing out of my face and all

they could do was shout obscenities at me as they drove by, B@$!@&DS !!!

Anyway am ok now and the insurance have paid up so after going to robin hood on sat, thanks to richard and ian

for looking after my daughter and I, I parted with said insurance pay out.

so starts the rebuild.

The final list of parts is:

1 Nose cone,1 pair of indicators, 2 sets of wish bones, 2 top ball joints (yes bent them), 1 wheel hub, 1 steering rack,

2 trackrod ends, exzorst silencer, four branch manifold, drivers side body panel, 1 pair front cycle wings,

drivers side rear wing (the fiberglass bit), drivers side wet weather gear door and 3 alloy wheels completes the damage.

I am pleased to say the chassis is NOT bent because the right hand side of the car took all the impact and thank god for

the 4 point harnesses.

The pikys are not great but you will get the general idea, see what you think.

post-2095-1210538805_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210538847_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210538877_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210538899_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210538930_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210538953_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210539017_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210539049_thumb.jpg

post-2095-1210539087_thumb.jpg

Good job it hit you in the head Mike, anywhere softer could have been serious,

glad you are rebuilding, did you get all the bits you need?, i know (if he still has it)where there is a inj bonnet if you need one.

see you at the meet,

Mitch

Guest shagster

("Good job it hit you in the head Mike, anywhere softer could have been serious," )

yeah Thanks mitch, no sense, no feeling eh !

And I think the reason why some of the other drivers didnt stop was because I had passed them about 1 or 2 mile

back down the road.

Got everything i needed apart from the 4 branch which they will have to make, so should be back on the road by july.

Mike. :D

Guest old_timbo

Glad your OK, but you are now at risk of improveritis. It took me 18 months to get back on the road after a similar incident - I just had to sort out all those niggles etc. and make it better than before :rolleyes:

Guest shagster
Glad your OK, but you are now at risk of improveritis. It took me 18 months to get back on the road after a similar incident - I just had to sort out all those niggles etc. and make it better than before :rolleyes:

"18 months !" :o I cant go without my toy for 18 months timbo ? :o

But there is a definate case of improveritis on the cards :D

Thanks for all your good wishes,

Mike :D