Insurance Refused!

Guest fozzy2007

Guest fozzy2007

Went for a phone quote today as mine is about to run out and the only detail i changed was my job description. Im now a high court enforcement officer (posh mans bailiff) and when i told the company this, they said that all companies have replied that they will NOT insure me as the job is too higher risk. The risk being that someone p***** off with me will take it out on my car. I cant believe it. just about finished 6 months of rebuild and now cant drive the thing.

So it looks like it going onto ebay now.

all it needs now is four new tyres and the windscreen washer bottle hooking up and its on for the mot

god, im actually rather upset!

Anyone know of any insurance companies that might do the job?????

Really in a pickle here

Thanks all

Rob

not sure if this is poss ,

but could you regester it in someone else name and you as named driver?

dont know the ins and outs of that but there must be a legal way round it .

regards graham

Guest fozzy2007
not sure if this is poss ,

but could you regester it in someone else name and you as named driver?

dont know the ins and outs of that but there must be a legal way round it .

regards graham

unfortunatly im a stickler for the rules in this kinda thing and as its really only me that drives it, it would be classed as insurance fraud at worst. That means REAL problems getting insurance ever again.

I will look into it but im sure thats the blunt end of it. Enforcer might have more info on that but im not sure.

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Rob,

Are you now a "civil servant" - being an employee of the court.

If so there must be some cover available - via CSMA or something.

It seems a bit extreme - policemen and judges get insurance - they put people away

I would agree - you need to find a "proper way" around the problem

Good Luck

Guest salty_monk

Blue collar worker surely.... civil servant.

Police have their own discount insurance but my friend has no trouble getting other companies to quote... (they often come in cheaper)

Dan :)

Shocked! I've never had a problem - I'm not aware of any discount schemes for police though.

I think Jim's right - you may have been a little too prescriptive in your job description. If you work for the High Court I am sure that there is a less officious-sounding title you could use without being perceived as an attempted insurance fraud. Why not talk to your employers about it - I'm sure you won't have been the first to come up against this.

Guest Dredd

I wish we did have a discounted insurance scheme. The police mutual assurance society is often higher and that is a non profit organisation! :o

Hey Rich - have you got as many tie pins as you have icons!

The Civil Service has about every profession and trade in it you could imagine, in mainstream organisations, Agencys and Quangoes (spelling) however if your salary is paid by the Crown then you are a Crown Servant.

If asked i am a Civil Servant, if pressed further I work for the MOD, more questions and i work for a particular TLB, Branch, Agency etc. then i am a salary Band X, they usualy are satisfied by Civil Servant.

All the truth

Guest jhfozzy

There you go bro, you're a "civil servant" now, lol.

Don't worry about it, ring em up again and say you're a civil servant this time. :D

Told you it'd be ok.

Don't sell the robin, after all that re-wiring I've done, it'll break my heart, plus, you pining about it would do my head in. :crazy:

Also, you're dying to do a track day and I'M not brave enough to use the evo yet, let alone let you loose with it.

Chin up dude.

Guest Jabberwocky

See, it always works out in the end :-)

Plus if you get it all sorted, I am sure we would love to see it at the South/West Wales meet on Saturday :-)

Guest fozzy2007

i work for a private company that has a legal team, a normal bailiff team and then a high court team which im in. we are just contracted by the high courts to carry out their orders under contract and so therefor, unfortunatly, (or fortunatly, which ever way you look at it) am not classed as a civil servant. i will speak to the company today and find out. thanks for all the info.

Regards,

rob