Ouch!

Guest richardw1984

Guest timswait

For that matter so is a FWD! I'd prefer controllable power oversteer to unpredictable snap lift off oversteer. Touch wood I've never spun my Hood on the road (plenty of times on the track, but then if you're not spinning you're not trying hard enough ;) ) but I have spun a 1 litre Nissan Micra on a wet roundabout. Didn't hit anything, just looked a bit of a tit. The back came round so fast you wouldn't believe, no chance to catch it give me RWD any day.

As for the pranged Caterham, anyone can have an accident, it's the front that seemed to have hit, not the back, the engine size doesn't come into it, even a 2CV will go quicker than you'd want to drive into a tree.

Guest Alan_builder
Here is our lovely Caterham owners evidence that they cant drive!! how can they crash a 1.6!

http://www.douglasvalley.co.uk/item.asp?pr...=181&pgid=1

Check out the other cars they are salvaging...porches...ferraris.....maserati :-D

Well it will go a lot faster without all that water in the rad, or has it just *bleep* it self due to the way it was driven?

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Well it looks completley trashed, it's 10 years old and they still want £ 4450 for it :o you'd have to be daft (or rich) to buy it, or just want the parts.

Guest timswait

Can't believe it's worth it even for the parts. A 1.6 K series is just a head gasket waiting to blow, and I don't think many of the other parts are particulary straight!

Douggie valley breakers are about half a mile from where I live. There is another scrapyard about 10 miles away (Atlas, St Helens, 10/10). I would rather go the 10 miles on a pogo stick with Big Jim strapped to my back than use DV. I found them to be totally unfriendly to kit builders. By all means try them- this is just my experience, which might save a fellow Hoodie a bad experience. Brian