Dax Rush Unusual Engine

Guest Bazwaz

It will be either 400 or 420bhp. the engine is a turbo shaft jet engine so it doesn't utilise exhaust gasses for thrust, instead it has a shaft output. As the engine runs at very high rpm the output is geared down giving massive torque.

It is not unusual for these engines to be used in other applications.

Tanks, hovercraft and ships also use turbo shaft jet engines.

I dont know where he will ever drive that though as it will be way too loud for any uk track or road

Guest Paul Morgan

Sounds like our Maude's hair dryer

Give me a proper engine every time. Could easily get 400bhp out of a 5.7 Chevy for less money.

Paul

Guest timswait
thinks its the same as this one fitted to a motor bike ?

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_...html?vid=188107

Similar anyway, they're both turbo shafts, I think the Dax one might be a bit bigger though. I'd love a jet engine car, just for the novelty value. Jay Leno's also building (having built) a jet car here

I can spend ages watching all the videos on that website!

Guest vacinc
Similar anyway, they're both turbo shafts, I think the Dax one might be a bit bigger though. I'd love a jet engine car, just for the novelty value. Jay Leno's also building (having built) a jet car here

I can spend ages watching all the videos on that website!

i think he"s great, some lovely motors. wish i had half his collection, and funny to

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Petemate
i think he"s great, some lovely motors. wish i had half his collection, and funny to

Agreed - great bloke. He also gets about - saw him at the Billing Fun Run over the weekend at the end of May. His work is awesome, and his bike (the one with the flip paint) and trailer.

Pete