Help.. And Assistance

Enough is Enough...

As can be seen from the Signature I have been building this far to long...

There are only a few items to finish and a little trim to do but with my knee problems this is a few to many ... just lost all enthusiasm , Today got myself down to drill a hole and could not get back off the floor.

Don't want to admit defeat at this late date but may have to unless there is some one I can turn to to get the last bits finished.. Any Suggestions or a willing volunteer(s) will pay of course the major items are...

1. Front cycle wing brackets can't see how to fit the brackets to the solid bars - video shows tube to tube I have tube to solid and its impossible as far as I can see to get any alignment method since you can't clamp one to another and drilling without a clamp is impossible.

2. Boot lid, its fitted and a lock is inserted but I can't get a mechanism to latch down that will accomodate the flex in the carbon fibre / hinge so won't stay shut

3. Fit the windscreen this is made but not attached

4. Fit seats, the extra angle iron for under the floor pan is made, all the carpets are cut ready to fit, just needs the seats to be bolted, and the final seat belt mounting attached under the floor all of this is working under the car and my knee will just not let me get down and up again..

The remaining trim etc., plus edging for SVA can probably manage with the wifes help...

Anyone know if I do decide to sell what sort of value a 2.0ltr Rover non turbo nearly finished car might fetch ?

Thanks for reading this...

Guest nik4chef

Hi, why don't you give "Gingerfix" a call - his rates are very reasonable - I couldn't have finished my build without his help.

Contact details are in Links.

I think you might get about £4k as it is! It would be worth a lot more with SVA and registered.

Hope this helps.

Best regards Stan.

Guest mikea

GBS can also help

They will complete and take it to SVA (they actually take quite a few .. and have a couple in at the moment)

Their rates are reasonable. Give Richard a ring on the technical line if you are interested

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

If you decide to try to finish it yourself, here's what I did:

1. Cut the brackets as described in the video and push them over the bar ends. Measure from the inner end of the brackets to the edges of the top of the upright (where the bar is welded on) Get that equal on both sides of the car. lay the cycle wings over to make sure they sit right. I then ran a drill straight through, bolted as a temp fix and welded.

2. I welded a plate to the top rail at the back of the boot for the lock to latch to, But I didn't use the supplied brackets - I got some mini ones and fitted to the top of the lid. Seems to work OK. Still haven't filled the holes in the grp around the roll bar tho :)

3. This needs two, and care. I drew a line across the scuttle where the lower edge was to be and had someone hold it in place, marked the sides, drilled and coach bolted

4. You have to have the seatbelts in first, and I found the runners snagged slightly, so a bit of angle grinding maybe required.

Lots of piccy's on my website. Need anything else feel free to drop me a line

e