I Need To Louvre My Bonnet

Hi everyone, i have a S7 with an old style bonnet no louvres. I want to louvre the top of it and I have also fitted the side vents as per normal.

I live near royston Herts and was wondering if anyone knows who could properly louvre the top of the bonnet as this car is gonna be turboed next season and needs some real help with cooling.

Thanks

If you have any classic car restorers near you , you may well be lucky enough to find one with a fly press louver die , but they are getting rather scarce these days .

Mike

Hi everyone, i have a S7 with an old style bonnet no louvres. I want to louvre the top of it and I have also fitted the side vents as per normal.

I live near royston Herts and was wondering if anyone knows who could properly louvre the top of the bonnet as this car is gonna be turboed next season and needs some real help with cooling.

Thanks

You gould give these lot a call - http://www.coollouvres.com/index.shtml

They're in Hampshire, and they don't look cheap.

Or here http://www.racecar.co.uk/roach/louvring&machining.htm also in Hampshire (UK hub of the louvre punching industry apparently?)

I've not used either so I can't give a recommendation but it's a start.

Guest Toejam

GBS Aren't putting louvre's in their stainless bonnets at the minute (Not that they bother telling anyone).

Picked up my Zero kit to find this was the case because they had wasn't up to it anymore !

GBS Aren't putting louvre's in their stainless bonnets at the minute (Not that they bother telling anyone).

Picked up my Zero kit to find this was the case because they had wasn't up to it anymore !

I wonder are they re-tooling at the moment due to the dies or press worn out .

There was a nice deep throated press on ebay ideal for doing louvers.

This is what we want http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134701

The DIY method for alluminium , http://www.madaboutmorgans.com/Handmade_Louvers.html

Mike

Guest Paul Kirby

I spoke to GBS at Stoneleigh and asked about a replacement bonnet for my Series 3 and was told it would be about £200! No mention of no louvres though!

Edited by axle man

Guest sneintonmatt

well my father did have a fly press for doing louvres when he owned BRA think he still has it or may have lent it to his mate either way might be able to borrow it or at least the use there of will ask next time i speak to him, will let you know

matt

well my father did have a fly press for doing louvres when he owned BRA think he still has it or may have lent it to his mate either way might be able to borrow it or at least the use there of will ask next time i speak to him, will let you know

matt

If you find it , it could well pay for your rising fuel bills and add another string to your bow for the future .

I knew where there was one a few years back in Louth , but lost contact with the person an Austin Seven restorer who i bought a house off , garage's full of those Austin goodies .

Mike

Guest sneintonmatt

well i will try and get hold of it if i can not sure what he has done with it so will have to wait and see, would be useful as i could do with my bonnet doing as well, will try and persuade him next time i speak

well i will try and get hold of it if i can not sure what he has done with it so will have to wait and see, would be useful as i could do with my bonnet doing as well, will try and persuade him next time i speak

Hey that sounds fantastic, if the louvre press is still around that would make my life a darn site easier as it does seem to be heading towards pretty much impossible to find anyone who can do it.

Keep me posted on the progress please. Thanks

Dan

Guest sneintonmatt

will keep you posted not sure when i will speak to him but sisters wedding in two weeks so will definetly get chance then so will let you know