Sky + To Dvd

stevedohc2b

Guest sneintonmatt

doubtful, firstly you would need to get a tv card for your pc as the signal type would be all wrong from the sky+ box the otehr prblem is that a lot of these machines causea low level interference so that you cant record them so if you try to link up too many devices teh signal fails, not sure how they do it with digital but it still happens, if you can get the file from the sky box onto you pc the you will be in the right area would probably just need to work out what format it is in and re encode from that

hope that helps, if you let me know what program it is i can prob send it to you or what outputs a sky plus box has so i can advise on connecting that up

Anyone remember when you just pressed the record button on the VHS. But then again the picture quality was so bad you couldn't watch it without going blind or mad. Thank the Lord for digital. Makes life so much more, er, thing.

Nigel

Guest sneintonmatt

ah well if you have a tv tuner that will make live a lot easier if you let me know what the file extension is of the recording i will be albe to tell you what you need to do to turn it into a watchable dvd

Guest pwlcarz

Thought Sky put some encrypted copy protection on their transmissions to stop people doing this? Might be possible to directly rip the images from the TV Tuner card though.

I also belive that the files on a Sky+ hard drive are in a strange format - you can't simply copy the files from the hard drive - that would be way too easy!

Similarly, the BBC do the same with their iPlayer.

Good luck with trying

Guest SteveL
Similarly, the BBC do the same with their iPlayer.

The files you can download using iPlayer are simply .WMV files (Windows Media Video) files, with DRM content to delete them automatically, or make them unwatchable (I can't remember what it does) after 30 days, or 7 days after you've watched them (which you might be able to remove, with a little bit of googling, but I didn't tell you that!) ;)

Steve