Tca Movement

SSSLINE

I have a sub-k with standard TCA, arb front set-up, just noticed today that if I 'roll' the front wheel backwards whlst handbrake is on I can move it maybe 4" which in turn pushes the compliance? bush back up towards the dished washer.

On looking it appears the bush is actually stressed forwards on the arb towards the nut and what I am doing is returning it to the 'normal' position, does it on both sides, does not move on the bar as such just the rubber flexes...

I am guessing this is not normal :unsure: so is worn out, will prob get new TCA's but whats the general thinking on poly bushes/ heavy duty rubber?

Cheers

Tony.R

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elwe

When we took our 2B/4 (the same as a sub k) to SVA one of the TCAs was moving backwards an alarming amount under braking. We changed the bushes and the washers but just made the other side worse. In the end we fitted poly bushes (from rally design) and they cured the problem straight away. Some people find the poly bushes wear quickly but ours have been in place for about 18,000 miles and they still seem as good as new.

When we took our 2B/4 (the same as a sub k) to SVA one of the TCAs was moving backwards an alarming amount under braking. We changed the bushes and the washers but just made the other side worse. In the end we fitted poly bushes (from rally design) and they cured the problem straight away. Some people find the poly bushes wear quickly but ours have been in place for about 18,000 miles and they still seem as good as new.

Thanks for the reply, i have ordered new TCA's and heavy duty rubber bushes, if they do not work will follow your lead and go poly bush.

Cheers

Tony.R

Quick Q guys, I have the new TCA's and heavy duty rubber bushes, trying to decide which way round the bushes go together?

Without taking the old one's off I am guessing the larger rubber part goes to the rear of the TCA and the smaller section from the front?? :unsure:

or is it the other way....

Thanks

Tony.R