Insurance, How Much!

baj25

It’s renewal time again so have been ringing around. I’ve followed previous threads on here, and I seem to be getting quoted top whack! 2litre 2B, £5k value, 4k miles SDP&commute, garaged, low risk area, age 46, no points, claims or convictions, with breakdown cover = £223. I really want to get on the road again, but would prefer to pay less than this! This is best price from Flux and Sureterm- Roadsure don’t seem to know how to answer the phone. Any thoughts? Brian

Guest Paulxe20

Strange - I've just gone with Flux:-

2 ltr 3a, £5k, 5k miles, SDP & C, garaged, aged 45 + GF @43, no points or convictions for either, Euro breakdown for a grand total of £150 :)

Does it drop if you add a low risk 2nd driver?

Did you tell them your a retired stunt driver with poor eye sight?

No problem getting hold of Roadsure recently to renew.

Original quote was £193, but I didnt need the breakdown cover & didnt want the

legal cover, so it came down to £123.

Value £5k, mileage 5k, age 5K (+a bit!)

Bob

Guest tom2b

I added lower risk drivers ( my parents ) to my policy and it put the premium up!

Flux gave me £10% off for being a club member and 15% off for having built the car myself

Guest paulwillie1000@yahoo.co.uk

i got flux down to 130 ish, after telling them they had been undercut by roadsure.

dont accept their first quote, and if the second is too high, lie!! only jokin, (abit)

Guest richardw1984

I got a quote just to look at what i may have to pay. age 23 no points value 5k 3k miles and garaged...£297 but i am young and thats before any haggling!

£132 with roadsure for me, but its well worth playing them off against each other.

I was with flux first year then the renewal came thru and it was nearly £200, rang around got cheaper quotes and then rang them back, 'oh yes sir we can match that would you like to go ahead and insure?'

Cheeky herberts, they didn't get my money.

i am with flux again... £110 fully comp. initially they quoted 165 but did say they would beat any quote. rang them up and advised them that i had genuine quote of 120, so they beat it.

so why couldnt they quote that the first time.

so even with recovary is well below their initial price of 165.

Guest Tim Norman

Sureterm £203 for the V8 @ £8k for 3k miles, however, the second you put a larger than 2.2L engine in the premium flies skywards anyway.

Guest RJHALL

We had the Sureterm rep in today as they insure all our new builds, we negociated with them a further discount for allclub members if they mention GBS or Robin Hood when getting a quote hope this will help

Richard