Short Term Insurance

Robbie 2B

Last year I was with Sureterm Direct and added my son James, then 21, to the policy for the last six months so that he could share the driving to Le Mans etc. This incured an addition fee of £127.24 - £35 for Sureterm Direct and £92.24 for the underwriter (Highway Insurance).

This year I am with Graham Sykes Insurance (KGM) and tried to do the same. As the lad is now 22 I was hoping the cost may have been less. However, Graham Sykes have quoted me an additional premium of £1,308!

There are a multitude of companies advertising on the internet stating that they provide cover between 1 - 28 days. Has any one got experience of trying to obtain short term insurance for their Robin Hood and if so at what cost?

Many thanks in anticipation for your assistance

Robbie 2B

Guest salty_monk

Not on the RobinHood but managed it on other cars from about £8 a day.... Just do a search online. Not sure you can have them running whilst another policy is in place on the car though, you'd have to ask the question.

Dan