Nut-sert Tool

sylvia.fry2

Hi all, I'm looking for the setting mandrel to fit an Eclipse Nut-sert Tool (also marketed by Spear & Jackson or Spiralux) to set 4mm nuts into my chassis (for removable panels) Would prefer to buy rather than borrow in case I manage to break it!! Regards Bob B)

Guest Alan_builder
Hi all, I'm looking for the setting mandrel to fit an Eclipse Nut-sert Tool (also marketed by Spear & Jackson or Spiralux) to set 4mm nuts into my chassis (for removable panels) Would prefer to buy rather than borrow in case I manage to break it!! Regards Bob B)

Hi Bob,

I got my Spares from Hampshire Bolt & Tools, I have snapped too many of these bits, just don't know my own strength.

Would you like me to go and get a price for you?

Alan

Bob,

Had many broken 4 and 5 MM mandrels when setting the steel Rivnuts for the rear panels and scuttle.

Used a "Laser" handheld unit (with home-made extensions)--and they kept sending me replacements for free.

Graham

When i was setting my rivnuts i broke a couple of mandrels and in the end only used it until they just gripped and then finished them off by useing a high tensile bolt and a hex spacer with a spanner on it to stop it spinning .

Mike