Pedel Box And Servo Mounting

Guest jaybeee

Guest jaybeee

Can anyone help me please! I'm trying for the 3rd or 4th time to mount my Servo, Pedals etc. and keep getting stuck as when I try and fit the next piece it hits something!! The problem I’m having now is the cap on the brake fluid reservoir is touching the bonnet. Does any one have any pictures and or measurement I can use for reference?

Any help much appreciated.

Jason

Guest Tickton Paul

Hi Jason

Attached a few pics of the pedal and servo mount on my 2B.

I just used the plate supplied by RHS to mount the pedals and servo, had to cut and file it a little to make it fit but apart from that had no real problems.

Did find that by using the bearing modification on the steering shaft allowed me to position the shaft to miss the pedals.

Where are you located, there might be someone local who could drop round and help you out.

Paul

post-1946-1212609278_thumb.jpg post-1946-1212609398_thumb.jpg post-1946-1212609422_thumb.jpg post-1946-1212609594_thumb.jpg

post-1946-1212609644_thumb.jpg

Guest jaybeee

Cheers Paul

I'm based in Bushey Hertfordshire but the car is in Feltham near Heathrow! A Guy who lives in Oxford but works in Heathrow is coming to have a look for me on Monday (cheers Pete). The photos are helpful but do you know how much you trimed of the panel?

Guest Tickton Paul
Cheers Paul

I'm based in Bushey Hertfordshire but the car is in Feltham near Heathrow! A Guy who lives in Oxford but works in Heathrow is coming to have a look for me on Monday (cheers Pete). The photos are helpful but do you know how much you trimed of the panel?

Jason

I just cut the mounting plate to allow it to miss the chasis down tube and to allow it to sit level on the cross tube, had to trim the sides down later on when I fitted the side panels as it was stopping the panel fitting flush to the side.

Paul

Guest klaxon

Hi Jason

An important factor to consider with a 2B is that the bonnet/skuttle is not designed to sit on the tube that runs across the top of the dash. It should end up about 30mm above the tube, thus giving you about 15-20mm more clearance above the brake reservoir. You will also find that, unless the part has been modified since mine was made, the steering shaft hole in the footwell bulkhead is not far enough to the off-side and needs a "patch" plate with a re-located hole in it. In my case, I made a new panel and angled the top part so that it is at right-angles to the shaft.

post-419-1212656751_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Ramraider

Just been reading the post and I also have the same problem, my brake res is touching the bonnet. My car is a 2B sliding pillar in Stainless...I am located in Kent and the kettle is always on for people in the area...