Help With Headlights

Guest nightracer35

Guest nightracer35

can any 1 please help as im going mad with my headlights, i can get side lights working but only when switch is in the down position on the stalkin instead off in the up position, and my headlights dont work, there is power to both the stalk and the plug for headlight bulb, but they will not come on,the relays can be heard clicking but nothing else. any help much needed thanks. ron

Guest nightracer35

i am using the vicky green wiring loom, stalks are off a j reg sierra, i had the lights working before i had to take steering column out to replace the steering bush, now nothing,if i push the light stalk down the side lights go out, so i undid all the connectios from stalks too vicky green loom andreconnected them, now cannot find on the diagram where the blk/brwn wire goes to?? wish i had never took the column out now :cray: on the stalk there are 2 blk/brwn wires 1goes to the stalk on left (wipers i think) the other is ????? thanks. ron

Guest timswait

You sqay there is power to the plug to the headlamp bulb? Have you confirmed this with a multimeter? If there's power to the bulb then the bulb will come on unless it's blown or there isn't an earth. If the relays are clicking then the stalk switches shoulod be OK, their jobis to switch the relays and they're doing that.

J should be 91. All works on earthing the relays. Bn/Bk between 56 terminals on each switch. If you are just using two relays, one for main and one for dip then the spare Bn/Bk doesn't have to go anywhere. Make sure you have an earth connected to 15 on the left column switch for flashing the lights.

You also need an earth wire to the 31 tag on the right column switch or the headlights wont work at all although the side lights will.

The linking Bn/Bk wire is the earth for the two relays when using the headlights. Without it neither relay will switch and neither main nor dip will come on.

Nigel

Guest mastarforth

I had a similar problem recently

I checked the earth to the chasis that connected to the stalks and found that the ring terminal had broke, and new ring terminal and my lights bgan to work

• 1 month later...
Guest nightracer35

thanks for all your help, i am a happy bunny, now i can flash and see in dark lmao, its easy when you got good friendson here who know what there doin lol thanks again. ron

Guest nightracer35

thanks for all your help, i am a happy bunny, now i can flash and see in dark lmao, its easy when you got good friendson here who know what there doin lol thanks again. ron