Speedo Sensor Bracket

Guest robinj66

sorry got no pics cos cant get a cammera in the tunnel,

but i have made a simple horse shoe type bracket with two flats on the bottom to mount using two bolts through the bottom of the tunnel . with a hole in to fit the sender , epoxy sticky stuff to stick the magnet to the prop , the sender i have has adjuster nuts to allow the correct distance from the magnets to be easily acchieved.(lightweight ) has ally bottom to tunnel.

2b bracket from centre tubes? and hanging over prop? gap to magnet is about 2mm from sensor .

graham

Guest robinj66

Thanks Graham.

Sounds similar to the bits provided with my (Vapor) unit.

Do you epoxy the magnet to the side of the prop or to the prop/diff flange?

I fitted mine to the diff flange outer edge as there were some almost flat places where the magnets could fix to 180 degrees apart either 2 or 4 magnets , i only used 2 , scrape off paint and rough up , clean with alcohol apply accelerator fluid (if supplied in your sender kit ) then araldite , leave for a good 24 hours to be on the safe side for it to set properly .

Sorry no pics at this moment , but i must get some taken soon .

Mike

Guest Jabberwocky

I araldited the magnet to my front wheel and tie wrapped the sensor on, it is not the best install ever but it has done 500 miles and still going strong

Hi

I aryldited mags to the top of two propshaft bolts (not in the picture) and made an Ali bracket for the sensor. I did end up doubling the thickness of the bracket to stop it wobbling slightly.

e

post-978-1214045651_thumb.jpg