Which Filler Is Fuel Resistant

Guest craig030774

Guest craig030774

have a slight weep on tank sender and have read somewhere that body filler is fuel resistant but which type p38, plastic padding etc

cheers guys

Guest craig030774

flange is where it is weeping tank is a homemade stainless jobbie with the ford sender have sealed the 4 holes on top of the sender with weld but just want to run some sealer around the flange

You could try this HELDITE - jointing compound for petrol, diesel, oil, hydraulic fluids, water, steam and gases , But whether it would work as a filler i would not like to say .

Mike

It's actually SIKAFLEX if you are searching for it - certainly used to be readily available from motor factors and recommended by RH in the build manuals. Likewise, mine has worked well over 13 years on the sender and filler neck. Its only supposed to be 'temporarily' fuel resistant which I think means not continually immersed. It is jet fuel resistant which is nice if you are thinking of fitting a jet engine - or a diesel.

if the tank is out then i'd just put some fuel tank sealer in (mine was for a motorbike tank) and swirl it around. I made my tank out of stainless and then araldite'd and riveted the a piece off the seirra tank onto mine so i could fit the sender the same way as intended with the locking mechanism. havent had a prob in the last year and it went through SVA ok. hth

Guest shaggy

Chemical metal works great. Available from most good motor factors. Used to seal both filler and sender units. No probs 18 months on.

The stuff I've used is called quicksilver.

Si