Dash Board For Sva

Guest madrallysport

Guest madrallysport

Guys the dash for my car is a flat plate, looks like a lazer cut for the sierra clocks, (standard one for the hood) Is ok just to paint this for the sva and bolt it in using dome head screws or does it have to covered?

Need help quick as i'm going to get it painted this evening / along with the body panels.

cheers

Davy

Guest scottie686
Guys the dash for my car is a flat plate, looks like a lazer cut for the sierra clocks, (standard one for the hood) Is ok just to paint this for the sva and bolt it in using dome head screws or does it have to covered?

Need help quick as i'm going to get it painted this evening / along with the body panels.

cheers

Davy

Davy,

The lower dash edge must be radiused to 19mm/25mm (think it's 19mm). You should be ok with just painting it (i just have the bare aluminium one in my zero) but the lower will need to be address if hasn't already.

Scott.

Beware of the radius measurements, remember a 19mm radius is a full circle or tube of 38mm, i used 40mm plastic waste pipe bonded on to the lower edge and covered in yoga mat.

If you have a 19mm radius you can just paint or cover with vynal and forget. If the radius is 5mm then you need a padding that complies with SVA regs and they state a hardness for this. The hardness or softness is quite firm but does give, its a bit like an old school erasure, press the dash on your newer tintop to get an idea of what they are after.

I put small central heating lagging (the foam type with a split in it) around the bottom edge and then put some leathercloth over the whole thing this is an easy solution. After SVA changed over dash to something that looked more professional. The inspector told me at the time that any 'padding' on the bottom edge needed to be permanantly fixed ie glued but as it was covered this was not necessary.

phil