Thermostat Retaining Circlip

Guest boggie

Guest boggie

Hi All,

I am in the final stages of cooling system tinkering and came to fit the low temp thermostat. The clip that holds the thermostat in is very rusty and on its last legs. Shouldn't I have got a new one with the thermostat? If not do places like Halfords do them?

Thanks.

Guest salty_monk

If you bought a Pinto Kit you should have got a new gasket & clip... at least you used to. If you're using the Primera low temp then you won't. I bought both kits to get the gasket & clip... don't remember it being very expensive.

Dan :)

Guest boggie

Thanks Dan,

Picked one up this lunchtime for the grand total of £1.

Hi Jim,

The QTH370 will only fit one way (the right way).

Cheers!

Thanks Dan,

Picked one up this lunchtime for the grand total of £1.

Hi Jim,

The QTH370 will only fit one way (the right way).

Cheers!

It will go in any way if you've done as you should and removed the baffle plate off the bottom. that is not required.see here.

Guest boggie
It will go in any way if you've done as you should and removed the baffle plate off the bottom. that is not required.see here.

Just checked - baffle is removed, will only go in one way, the right way. If I turn it around, the 'chassis' / cage around the bulb is too wide at its widest point to allow the stat to seat on the rubber seat.

Just checked - baffle is removed, will only go in one way, the right way. If I turn it around, the 'chassis' / cage around the bulb is too wide at its widest point to allow the stat to seat on the rubber seat.

So obviously either different make of thermostat, or different batch of thermostat hsg castings, but you used to be able to put them in any way around, it was a common fault with buildrs.