Spares And Tools

Snapperpaul

Thinking about the tools and trim/spares/bits and bobs to take to SVA so give me your thoughts.

I will have a Transit but no electric may be able to borrow 12V to 240 inverter but not high power.

List starts here.

edge trim

nut covers

flat rubber with adhesive backing

cable ties

tape

fuses

silicon

cordless drill(poss )a few drill bits

grommetts

self adhesive cable tie bases

araldite

few spanners screwdrivers ect

bible and or prayer mat

and most of all

the best wishes of rhocar

going to be something i forgot !

regards graham

Guest shagster

Everything as above and a flask of coffee.

You'll be ok paul,

the worst that can happen is you will get a fail and a to do list, and thats it.

Mike :D

Guest mastarforth

as both posts said

all the tools previously listed, and do nto worry about it. i tis not as bad as you think, and actualy quite fun.

Guest gavinc

there's nothing to worry about paul,

you sound like you getting nervous....

i seem to remember you taking the "P" all the way to Norwich in Feb this year......

"why grown men are so scared" or words to that effect i seem to remember you saying..

but seriously i have a generator you can take if you want

always worth chucking in some rivits,screws and duck tape..

Good Luck

(not that you need it.........)

Guest chris brown

You seem to have it covered Paul. Just remember the tester is your best friend on the day and also whatever he says agree do not argue with him. I know it is some time back since I had mine SVA'd but I found it an enjoyable experience and the tester is only doing his job. I found he would rather pass the car and gave me ample time to "fix" (read bodge) the minor points he found so I left with a MAC and a big grin.

Guest Petemate

On the day I arrived armed with loads of stuff, including spare edge trim etc, and obviously tools, including a 3/4" AF spanner for the headlight adjustment. I also was armed with lots of photos of the seat belt mounts, notably the inners & lowers which could not easily be seen, but they were not needed. I showed them to the tester, but he said he could see that everyting was in order. (he ran his fingers expertly and may I say lovingly over all the mounts and bolts and declared them to be ruddy good) He even adjusted the headlights for me while I was sat in the car after taking the spanner from my nervous hand. As Chris has said, the tester is your friend; he is there not only to do a job but to avoid you venturing out on the road with a death trap. They really are a good bunch. While my son would not entirely agree with me (having his Dax Rush meticulously built and failed for such things as the radius of the rear reflectors) they have a job to do and whatever you do DO NOT ARGUE - it is pointless.

FWIW

Pete

(PS I was lucky with a first-time pass)