Snapperpaul Sva Norwich

Snapperpaul

Well its like this....... Loaded up the car on a massive plant trailer lent by a nieghbour ( its at this point you must forgive my speeeeling) and set off at 05:00 obviousely having had a great nights sleep, la la la, we got there at 07:20 ish for 08:00.

Pull in to the corridor of dreams ( or not as the case may be) and proceeded with the tests, we soon got a rapore with Dennis and the early not sure what to say moved in to easy talk and laughter, until the break test, so much going on and so many flashing numbers and especially the ones that went red and flashed.... a lot... now i am very concerned... a fail... i think.

We move on in silence, for a while, until the next machine coughs out its till roll sized piece of paper, i think its passed the brake test but who knows??

On to the rollers for the speedo test and all is looking good until 60mph when the speedo just gives up (Telemetrics, electronic with magnets)... thats a shame says Dennis up till then you passed the lot :o :o

I lost the p[lot and Gavin and Terry looked at me as if i should direct them to get things and do things.....

Dennis said..... We book SVA till 12:00 ( its now about 10:30) so see if you can fix it, shame to fail on just that.... No pressure then.

I wont go on any more but we basicly rewired the speedo and earthed the sender, knocked of 2 magnets and re calibrated, ran it up on the rollers and got passed the 70MPH test point, failed, re calibrated, failed, now i have totaly gonr into free fall and just added a feww hundred to the speedo calibration and it just snuck in.

I HAD PASSED.

Yes i have some jobs to do befor it goes on the road, BUT

I PASSED, I PASSED, I PASSED

Oh did i mention

FIRST TIME :D :D :D :D

I have another story about my day regarding the Train weight of the combination ( Transit and big trailer) but i will do that when i am a litlle more sober.

Bloody Hell, I have done it, and it only took 3 1/2 years :D :D :D

Well Done,

Getting one of the older models through FIRST TIME is a great booster to those following.

P.S. had issues with CA Speedo too !! but after SVA. Glad you got it sorted.

Graham B