Sva Fail Mitcham

Guest wrights

Guest wrights

Hi All

Failed SVA on super spec kit today at Mitcham,

No reserve travel on Hand Brake

Starter motor live wire no cover

Steering wheel not 2.5 radius edges

Fuel cap edges (not heard of that one before)

Top swivel nut both sides not covered

Track rod ends covered but not secured correctly

Speedo not working due to magnet flying off during last Thursday remap of ECU and Emission to high

The only issue is the emissions, I only just had car remapped last thursday, rest are straight forward

Well back into the garage then

Cheers

Stephen

Guest mastarforth

On the starter motor, I used a battery termianl cover (as .ine failed on it too)

Fuel cap edges, I just hit the outside with a Dremmel/ flapper wheel to radius off problem is with rubber on back itsticks out more than the 5 mm before radius required

not a bad list to correct though

yeah my fuel cap (rh) failed as it was 6mm high and apparently a death hazard if i was to powerslide my car into some pedestrians hitting them full force with the 1mm extra of filler cap ^_^

i just put some u shaped rubber around it and tightened it down, is it still on my car post SVA? no comment ;) .

the funny thing was the SVA chap told me it had to be done and forgot to write it on the sheet so luckily i bothered to do it anyway which seemed to please him somewhat. hth

Guest Captain Daz

Stephen

What did you think of Mitcham? I've got my test there on 29th Aug. I wanted Gillingham but they're short of testers.

Were they friendly/helpful there?

Also, is there a time limit on your re test and how easy has it been to book it?

Good luck with your re test.

Cheers

Daren

Guest STEVE OXON

on my sva they took a vernier and measured my filler cap at 4.5mm proud. so i said thats a pass then.......it was.

just tighten the screws a bit maybe it will pull it down 0.00005 mm

steve

Guest wrights
Stephen

What did you think of Mitcham? I've got my test there on 29th Aug. I wanted Gillingham but they're short of testers.

Were they friendly/helpful there?

Also, is there a time limit on your re test and how easy has it been to book it?

Good luck with your re test.

Cheers

Daren

Hi Daren

Mitchams good, the tester was freindly and fair and he even allowed me to tighten nuts ect on the day, he spent quite a long time on the edges ect, see 1st post of failures. Also my brakes where all new so it failed the test but one drive around the yard sorted them out with a pass.

Done all my failures going to Mitcham this week to book re test, could have done straight away but I did not want to rush the bits that needed doing and fail again.

6 mth time limit to get car retested

sorry its taken time to respond but been busy trying to sort car out

Cheers

Stephen :D

Guest Captain Daz

Stephen

Thanks for the reply. Its good to know they're friendly there.

I'll just be happy if they don't laugh at my efforts!

All the best for the retest.

Cheers

Daren

PS Bob and Will, thanks for the support. I'm hoping to be able to bring it to the next meet if it passes of course.

Guest wrights
Stephen

Thanks for the reply. Its good to know they're friendly there.

I'll just be happy if they don't laugh at my efforts!

All the best for the retest.

Cheers

Daren

PS Bob and Will, thanks for the support. I'm hoping to be able to bring it to the next meet if it passes of course.

Hi Daren

Best off luck on your test, speaking with the tester most of the kit cars fail on minor bits and peices so take some edging, nut covers ect with you and some quick drying glue to stick the edging on with, see steering wheel edge failure above, need to stick that edging on.

Cheers

Stephen B)