Info Needed For Sva

Guest robinj66

Guest robinj66

I have a 1995 S7 which I am about to put through the SVA. I did not buy the kit brand new.

Can anyone tell me whether Robin Hood Engineering (when they were still RHE under Richard Stewart) supplied a chassis number when they provided the kit ; if so what was the format? (Eg, RHE 1995 123456789). I know that I can make up my own chassis number but I wanted to check "standard practice" first :ph34r:

Can anyone provide me with the design/axle weights for the S7 (mine is stainess) or perhaps the S3?

Thanks

Guest mikea

I made up my own chassis number (initials and dates) . I also bought a RH chassis plate from GBS and they stamped it for me .. made it look kind of official.

Guest Ian & Carole

We made up our own number using DOB's etc but we also included the invoice number of the kit.

Seemed to make the man at DVLA Lincoln happy.

Ian J

Guest robinj66

I'm quite happy to make up a chassis number - Maidstone DVLA don't seem to mind.

I just wanted to know what RHE put on their paperwork. <_< (ahem)

Any joy onthe axle weights etc?

Anyone got any idea what an S7 stainless kit cost?

Guest Tweedy

Hi,I used the kit invoice No.,invoice date,date of birth + 3more digits.ie 17 digits altogether.If you use a plate to display your VIN it must be welded on to the chassis or you must stamp it onto the chassis as well.

Cheers Mike

Guest Ian & Carole
I'm quite happy to make up a chassis number - Maidstone DVLA don't seem to mind.

I just wanted to know what RHE put on their paperwork. <_< (ahem)

Any joy onthe axle weights etc?

Anyone got any idea what an S7 stainless kit cost?

Although mine is a 2b axle weights might be similar??

Our "MAC" says front 425kg

rear 550kg

if thats of any use.

Hi Robin,

The chassis number format for my SuperSpec is SuperSpec (SS) Produced (P) Month (09) Year (04) Number 8 or 88 (repeated to fill in required digits?).

I am sure that someone can shed more light on this, but it seems feasible.

Would it be possible to tag along to the SVA test to get a flavour of what to expect? I presume you are off to Gillingham? I'll bring the Hobnobs :)

Cheers

Al

Design weights are not the actual weight of the car. They are a permissible maximum fully loaded, full tank, luggage etc. Need to be set high enough that likely load will not exceed them. They are also very important during SVA as they are used in brake efficiency calculations. Keep the rear well above the fronts, 450 and 550/600 would be about right.

Nigel

I got my S3a through with 450 front 450 rear but that was bloody tight recommend 650 rear.

This is a design weight so means the weight the axle can take, if you load the car up and go camping with 2 people then you will need the extra axle weight allowance