Holiday Pay And P45

agent_zed

Hi,

does anyone know the rules on whether a recruitment agency have to pay you holiday pay after they have issued a p45 ?

i really should know as i worked as a recruitment consultant for a while :rolleyes: all i can remember is that the company i worked for would quite happily send out p45 without the outstanding holiday pay, not sure whether it was just a case of if they could get away with it then it was ok or whether it is a law that if the p45 is issued then you cant claim the holiday pay.

iam hardly owed anything but seeing as i earnt it i want it and more importantly i dont want them to have it ;)

cheers

Guest outtolunch

I last did some agency work about 6 years ago only for a couple of weeks and had forgotten about holiday pay untill a furthur pay advice from them arrived about 6 weeks later, wasnt for much but was a nice surprise.

This was for one of the large national agencies dont know how the smaller ones work.

Guest Jonny Norn Iron
generally agencys pay holiday included in your regular pay check your contract

Your outstanding leave is a legal entitlement under the Working Time Regs - so should be paid. Holiday pay included in your normal pay should have stopped a year or two back following an ECJ ruling. I would ask politely otherwise you may face a delay :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jonny Norn Iron

Guest allenr03

They shouldn't issue you your P45 until all outstanding monies have been resolved. And unless your contract states otherwise they mst pay all holday acrued but not taken when you leave. Performance related pay (bonuses etc) generally are only paid if you ar working for the company on the day they are paid and you aren't under notice.