0-60

Guest chenzo

Hi shaun and welcome to the forum as a rough guide try this calculator A lot depends on how the car is set up , but it feels a lot faster when you are only a few inches off the road :D (the average weight is about 800 kg)

If you are thinking about joining the club you can find the forms here membership worth the money with lots of benifits.

john

Guest max.esp

I remember doing this at uni a couple of years ago. To fully analyse it you need drag coefficient, gear ratios, final drive ratio, air density, shift points, torque curves, frontal area, weight transfer under acceleration curves, tyre losses, coefficient of friction, CofG and wheelbase if i remember correctly. Haven't tried it on mine yet but might give it a go when i get all the numbers.

The calculater suggested though is a good estimate.

Have fun lighting up the rear tyres

Graham

Guest shaggy

Graham, that sounds like a hell of a lot of info needed to get a 0-60 time.

Has anyone thought perhaps to make things a little simpler to perhaps use a stop watch? I know its stating the obvious, but you could even resort to:-

one

one thousand

two

one thousand

three

one thousand

etc etc until the speedo gets to 60 on the dial............

Si

Guest max.esp

Hi Si,

It is and it takes ages especially when designing the car and you alter one thing like a gearing ratio and have to start again. We made a program to accomplish it in Matlab but i don't have the file so can't use that. I'll try and make another when i finish my car and see how accurate it is.

Graham

Guest graham.g
I am going to buy A RH 2b on Friday and would like to no if anyone know the 0-60 for one that puts out 145bhp

Shaun

Its gonna be quicker than most things on the road. Most important thing is not just 0-60 time but if its going to stop and go round corners.

I take it you are buying a built up 2b with 145bhp. just take it easy 2b's can bite, especially all the wet weather we are having they can be a handful.

enjoy but take care.

Graham

I borrowed Paul Mercer's electick gizmo & got a consistent 6.6 with 136 bhp & Michelin Exaltos which spun a bit.

I now run Toyo 888s with 174 BHp & its far quicker....no need to test it now, but I'm guessing high 5s.

Depending on tyres, reckon on about 6.5 with 145bhp PROVIDED you can get to 60 in 2nd gear. An extrat change into 3rd will burger the time completely.

Accerleration to 60 mostl;y depends on BHP per ton,

Bob