Chassis Stiffening Pt 999

Guest Nigel Novice

Guest Nigel Novice

Rightio got it home had a good look round watched DVD's in fast forward mode and come to conclusion its almost at the end of DVD #2 - front end build up pre box sections.

Rear end has had some stiffening done along with box section fitted in the returned lip of main body sides, hope pics show this.

Any advice, is more needed, think I read on here the upper shock mount need work/ reposition, will stay with the rear for now.

I have got a fairly comprehensive kit o bits circa July 2006 (RH receipt) - main kit (dur), full wishbone kit, 2 Gaz and 2 AVO coilovers, Windscreen, Rollbar, Wiring harness, Lighting pack, Seatbelt/harness, spare wheel carrier and a wood rimmed steering wheel plus other bits to be identified but could be bolt caps for SVA time etc.

post-3269-1220213922.jpg

post-3269-1220213933.jpg

post-3269-1220213948.jpg

post-3269-1220213960.jpg

Edited by Nigel Novice

hi

if i didnt know better i would say thats one of my chassis , looking at the mods so far looks good .

if you can do it try to beef up the front mount of the diff and mount the rear of diff using some large angle iron to the boot floor , sear back is also weak and i fitted a 5mm sheet across the car bent under the roll bar mounting points and triangulated to the boot floor .on dans i used 3mm instead and it was ok . the spreader plates for the seat belt mounts ought to be bonded in place .i also feel that the chassis rails add to the strength , it also gives a very strong area to jack the car up. if you go to big lees web site all the photos are on there .(cheers lee ).

graham

Guest Nigel Novice

Hi Graham, did you use box section for the chassis rail under the car either side of the prop, I will make a bracket off the back of the diff as I see where you mean, just one thing what happens if your diff breaks :o

if the diff breaks its a bit like walpapering the hall through though the letter box,

re the chassis rails they are just 50m,m ally angle attached to to the return on the bottom of the car.to make a box