So Long, Friends...!

Jon Bradbury

Well, this seems to be the end for me. I'm no longer the Sussex Area Sec and I don't have moderation rights on the forum anymore.

I should really have posted something sooner but I've been extremely busy with work, and as some of you may recall I was forced to sell my DOHC 2B due to financial pressures. Consequently, I have lost interest in the Robin Hood, but at least I proved I could build one!

Thank you all for your help and support along the way.

Warmest regards

Jon Bradbury

(PS, the RHOCaR baseball cap is still my favourite!)

Guest Tim Norman

Thanks John

Enjoy the rest and good luck with what ever it is that grabs you. If you can build a Robin Hood, whilst all those around you drive tin tops then the world is your oyster, tuck in!!

Hi Jon it has been good to chat and meet over the years.

Glad you are back working and paying tax :D

Give my regards to the boss.

If you ever want a chat you know my e mail.

You know apart from sva tester and me you are still the only other to have driven my Hood.

All the best.

Stephen

I reckon I'll look in from time to time.

I do moderate on a couple of other forums - msiwind.net and eeeuser.com - so I am keeping my hand in. But I have to say Hoodies are best. I totally dig that "have a go" approach to engineering, and the Hoody way. Sometimes think it runs through me like the writing in a stick of rock - not as much as Tim and the other stalwarts, sure, but it's there. Last "hoodie" thing I did was fabricating a register plate for a log burner using some left over bits of angle iron and stainless sheet that came from Robin Hood. The welding was rubbish but strong enough for the purpose and it's still going strong...

No financial pressures now - I'm getting back to where I want to be, although to be fair I didn't wind up owing money, just getting too close to the wind for comfort, and when you have kids you can't take chances. The £3250 I got for my Hood at Detling was very useful, but I had a real hard time selling it and the drive home (with the new owner, so I could hand over the paperwork) was the very best time I spent behind the wheel of it. I reckon if I'd had the opportunity to use it more often I would have kept it, but that's in the past now. I don't think I will ever get another one (unless something exceptional (and cheap) drops into my lap...

I still have my welder and engine hoist though... hmmm... maybe RHSC can tempt me again after all....

Guest erichetherington

Always remember that being a "Hoody" has nothing to do with car ownership, it's a state of mind. Whatever the problem if a man (or man-made machine for that matter) put it together you can take it apart and put it back better. If that fails then if it was easy every-one would be doing it!