Birmingham Dlva

TonySuperSpec

Once again DVLA problems... Thought when I got the MAC on Monday no more red tape.

Have now had three trips to the DVLA office.

First time had wrong registration form.

Second time the queue time was about 1.5 hours... so did not wait..

Today nice nobody about got ticket and was seen in 2 - 3 minutes.

Forms + documents checked over all seemed OK said the man.. Then handed over the money 55 for registration + 6 months tax 101.75

Off the man went to find the woman who does build up inspection... Came back with the comment she had to leave for a meeting so couldn't set time for inspection or come and arrange anything she would write to me in the week...

So had paid over my money and got nothing.. not even a date.

Are all DVLA offices so jobs worth !!!

Very frustrated and now I don't even have the original of the MAC only a copy to keep me warm at night...

It must end soon :rolleyes:

Hi

Got same problem at Wimbledon DVLA, One thing left to do is build up inspection , been waiting 5 days and still no phone call with date, one document DVLA need is confirmation from RH that my chassis number was purchased with the kit so I have to get my receipt for purchase of kit updated with the chassis number, luckily GBS can do that, just waiting for the postie to deliver.

Other lucky bit is I have paid no money yet but all the other paper work is fine.

Cheers

Stephen

sva passed 1 Sept 2008 and I can't drive it but I want too hurry up DVLA ;)

birmingham dvla office?

you have my sincere sympathies.

I think they are all the same ... what is frustrating is that you can't even ring them up .. they will ring you back .. eventually .. if somebody in Swansea thinks your moan is justified ...

Dont know if all areas do it but Sheffield did the build up inspection before SVA. Nice man even came out to my house for the inspection for a cuppa and a chat.

He even gave me direct dial tel number for me to ring to let him know when passsed SVA so he could arrange for all the paperwork to be ready by the time i had driven from SVA test centre to DVLA office. True to his word everything was waiting no need for a ticket to join a que etc. How about that for service. Just popped along to Halfords and had a number plate made up - on the road fully legal.

Anyone out there comming up to SVA may be worth checking with your DVLA office to see if they will do a build up before SVA it certainly made life easy for me. The guy in Sheffield seemed to like the idea of a trip out of the office.

Phil

Tried that one !!! -_-

Visit out ... that stopped I understand at least 2 years ago.... :rolleyes:

When you read the WEB site etc.. the Build up before SVA is not now acceptable..

Anyway got my date... 22/9/08 next Monday at 11:40 so should be on road Monday p.m.

Hope Sun shines...

Hi, I too am in Sheffield, and met the DVLA guy at Phil's (Was there for the excellent coffee :D ). The same guy came to do my build up inspection April 2007. He enjoyed the run out, and said it was easier to check documents and stuff (Can't say you've left them at home!!! you're already there)

Nick

Sure wish I was in Sheffield.

Still with a little buttering up and three visits it will be SVA pass 8/9/08 Build up 22/9/08 which is better than some.

Word of warning rumour is that at Birmingham the lady doing build up is going off for 2 months aprrox and it looks like they don't have anyone else !!!

Sure wish I was in Sheffield.

Still with a little buttering up and three visits it will be SVA pass 8/9/08 Build up 22/9/08 which is better than some.

Word of warning rumour is that at Birmingham the lady doing build up is going off for 2 months aprrox and it looks like they don't have anyone else !!!

Hi Tony

just got a phone call today from the DVLA on my build up report, its booked for the 23rd. Then off to wimbledon DVLA to pay the money

cheers

Stephen

Hi stephen.

Had to pay up before mine...

Don't forget all the paperwork + ID otherwise they will refuse..

Hi Tony

The lady at Wimbledon who I am dealing with is on the ball with repects to the paper work and ID, its all in just waiting for build up report to be sent to her which hopefully should be following day as I believe that the person doing the car check is in the same office.

I have got a direct number to ring her , she has been most help full, hence just needing to pay

Cheers

Stephen :rolleyes:

Hi Tony

The lady at Wimbledon who I am dealing with is on the ball with repects to the paper work and ID, its all in just waiting for build up report to be sent to her which hopefully should be following day as I believe that the person doing the car check is in the same office.

I have got a direct number to ring her , she has been most help full, hence just needing to pay

Cheers

Stephen :rolleyes:

Wish I was that luchy..

At least at B'Ham the build up is by the person dealing with Registration.. Wish I could get that job its a doddle.. 10 mins I'm told the car will not even come off the trailer.

I'm also told the Tax will have to come by post but the No Plate form + proof of Registration on the day ..

So maybe just maybe the car will be on the road Monday p.m.

Guest robinj66

I can't see why you should have to wait for the tax disc. The major problem is getting them to issue you with a reg number. If they can give you the reg plate authorisation there and then, they should be able to issue the VEL.

Personally I would raise this with either Birmingham (speak to the line manager if you have to) or alternatively directly with Swansea