Superspec Registration As New - Possible Problems?

Guest jwts

Hi,

If a SuperSpec is registered as new (say with an 58 plate) is its road tax band set on its emmissions compared with other 2008 cars and/or is it expected to pass 2008 level emmisions tests for an MOT? The Rover T series engine design is about 20years old and in addition RH have left off some of the emmisions reduction bits so it is not going to measure up well compared with a 'real' 2008 model

I would be grateful for any feedback from anyone who has recently registered a SuperSpec or taken one for an MOT.

Thanks,

John.

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Hi John,

I registered my Superspec in June 2006, and it had to pass an emissions test at the SVA as far as I know those emissions values are the same as the BET (Basic Emissions Test) which are carried out on any cars registered post 1st August 2001 at MOT.

The BET standards are:

Fast idle 2500-3000rpm

CO no more than 0.3%

HC no more than 200 parts per million

Lambda between 0.97 and 1.03

Normal idle 450-1500rpm

CO no more than 0.5%

If your car has passed the SVA then it should be fine for the MOT.

As far as road tax goes as there are no manufacture specific CO2 measurements for the Robin Hood it is taxed on the engine size.

Category is something like TC11 Over 1549cc £185 for 12 months, or £101.75 for 6 months.

HTH,

Phill.

Hi John,

I registered my Superspec in June 2006, and it had to pass an emissions test at the SVA as far as I know those emissions values are the same as the BET (Basic Emissions Test) which are carried out on any cars registered post 1st August 2001 at MOT.

The BET standards are:

Fast idle 2500-3000rpm

CO no more than 0.3%

HC no more than 200 parts per million

Lambda between 0.97 and 1.03

Normal idle 450-1500rpm

CO no more than 0.5%

If your car has passed the SVA then it should be fine for the MOT.

As far as road tax goes as there are no manufacture specific CO2 measurements for the Robin Hood it is taxed on the engine size.

Category is something like TC11 Over 1549cc £185 for 12 months, or £101.75 for 6 months.

HTH,

Phill.

yes mine passed SVA on 8/9

CO measurements using modified ECU was 0.2 on pre test and 0.0 at the test station

As I have pointed out in previous posts screened leads from Lamda sensor to the engine loom plug at the alternator are advisable to avoid the problems some SS owners had.

Yes it is costing me £101.75 for 6 months road tax.

On the V56 new car registration form most of the emission info has to be left blank..

Build up inspection on Monday 22/9/08 so should have my 58 plates. BTW DVLA are getting more twitchy about the rear axle, I had to get an addendum to the Newness cert supplied by RH to cover the fact that the axle was rebuilt to as new. I'm told that this is because in the rules to get a new reg although a major component can be reconditioned it must be certified as such by a supplier.