Getting Ready!

Guest Ben Salt

Guest Ben Salt

Well, here I am getting ready for the trip to Nottingham tomorrow morning to collect my 2B kit (6 months after I ordered it!!).

Really looking forward to it (mostly as I'm not driving (I live in Surrey))

Anyway, just thought i'd post my first (of many) message on the new group.

Ben

Guest graham dockerill
;) Congratulations Ben ,i'm sure you will get much pleasure, enjoyment, frustrution and thinking out of it. Remenber tomorrow to count everything including your fingers, the stainless is very sharp. Graham.

Guest Taffy Rob

Hi Ben

its a big day! Enjoy it, it's all downhill from here :p !!!

It's probably a bit late now, but while you're there, is there any chance of you getting something with the 'new' design weights printed on it? The old ones are wrong, I phoned a few days back and told they are now 450 front, 550 back, but he wouldn't send me anything because he 'didn't have anyone there to do it' as they are in the middle of a big re-organisation. SVA people have said I must have a letter, but now say that any sort of document from rh will do as 'proof' that the original weights were wrong.

I would be very grateful :D

Cheers

Rob

p.s. or i will have to forge something and we don't want that now do we!

Guest Ben Salt

Sorry, I last checked the board at 10:00 last night, so didn't see your message. Looks like you may have to think of alternative ways to get the bit of paper to please the SVA man.....

Anyway, my garage is now packed full, I've got the popcorn in for a good night with Richard on the TV, and am looking forward to getting stuck in...

Ben

:huh: Hi Rob

If you ring RHE they should be able to send you a note on letter headed paper with the correct weights on.

I also had the same problem and the guy at SVA said it is a common occurance. (why RHE cant give us a correct info on the paperwork it would save them postage)

Give them another ring on the land line and ask Gina for one(letter that is or you may get a slap from wife tobe.)

I got mine the day after phoning

Anyone who is filling in there forms take note that the figure's should be 450 axle one and 550 axle 2.

Good luck with the retest.

Mitch

Ps looked for my letter to forward on but it was kept at the retest.