Speed Cameras

Guest Mike Perry

I have to agree with Jim on this one

I don’t disagree; just my pet hate is bad and ignorant driving.

Dave, In Germany some areas of the Autobahns have no speed limits, but the police are very hard on anyone who drives too close to the vehicle in front, they have cameras just for that purpose.

Last rant, :gdit: Honest!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Petemate

Hi All

Yet more on cameras.....

I work at the Cargo Area Birmingham Airport, and travel up and down between Bham and LHR regularly. During last weekend, cameras were installed in the M42 roadworks between the NEC roundabout and the M40, three up and four down (sorry, I'm a crossword fan) ^_^ Up till then, the traffic was going at a very dangerous rate, anything between 60 and - yes - 90 mph (estimated officer) <_< Well, now it is less bunchy, and steady at around 55, but still with the occasional maniac along the outside lane setting off the cameras like a wedding photographer's flash. :lol: The point is, while I'm not averse to a bit of speed in the right circumstances, this stretch esp. with the HGVs belting along, was getting quite dodgy, and it is now a bit safer to negotiate. It had to happen. I feel on reflection that I tempted providence by remarking to a colleague "If they put in cameras there, they would rake in a small fortune......" :(

Pete(Oldbutstillfairlyfastgit) B)

So it's all your fault!! No, I agree that they are needed in certain places, but the ones that are put up just to collect revenue are out of order.

Note also, there will always be the downright idiots that will speed like maniacs anyway. Around London, they probably don't have their own registration number on the car anyway, so they don't care!

Wasn't it on top gear that they did some research about all the accident blackspots across the country and out of all the speed cameras (several 1000's?) there were only about 3 in any accident blackspots that top gear found. Or something like that. Revenue generation at its worst! :gdit:

Case closed methinks.

Wasn't it on top gear that they did some research about all the accident blackspots across the country and out of all the speed cameras (several 1000's?) there were only about 3 in any accident blackspots that top gear found. Or something like that. Revenue generation at its worst! :gdit:

Case closed methinks.

Maybe it's because of the 1000 cameras in the other locations that they weren't listed as accident black spots too!

What's the problem with sticking as many cameras up in as many places as possible? If you don't speed then it won't bother you. If you do speed (intentionally or otherwise) then you'll get fined. It seems pretty simple to me!

Ant - often flashed by speed cameras, but not received a fine so far :ph34r:

Maybe it's because of the 1000 cameras in the other locations that they weren't listed as accident black spots too!

You mean that they are not accident blackspots anymore because the speed cameras are there. Never thought of it like that.

Ant - often flashed by speed cameras, but not received a fine so far  :ph34r:

Now your just tempting fate.

Did you know that if you don't get written notification within something like 14 working days then they can't hold you to the fine.

Andy

Did you know that if you don't get written notification within something like 14 working days then they can't hold you to the fine.

Slight alteration to that, it's actually 14 days for them to post it to you, if the indians get the pony express rider, and you don't get it for another week, tough *bleep*, you're still done!

By the way Ant, I hope that you smile at them!

Case closed methinks.

Take a look at my reply on the first page for details of the number of cameras on Britains most dangerous roads!

Steve

driving too fast and too close to the car in front for the volume of traffic on the road

We have all seen it before.

Cars bombing along in a line looking like they are all joined together with tow ropes then they come up to slower moving traffic, all brake hard to slow down, some not quick enough. BANG.

Just pure bad driving.

Les

Guest Andy Rathbone

ooooh this is hot one this. my apologise for offending any professionals out there, but i do feel strongly about these issues as the garage where my car is now stored has been broken into 3 times (before my car was introduced) and quite a large amount of tools stolen with little or no punishment for the B*****ds :gdit: , yet i get done for speeding 41 in a 30 nice wide road on a sunny day!!!!! :gdit: aint life a Bitch :boohoo: . i'm for cameras for SAFETY definatly but strongly against them for money which i'm sad to say seem more common.

I agree with whats been said about bad driving, speed doesnt kill stupidity kills and for crying out loud switch your bl**dy fog lights off especiaaly when it not foggy to para phrase the highway code "TO BE USED WHEN VISIBILITY IS REDUCED TO LESS THAN 100 METERS"

apologise,

rant over,

i feel i can drive home safely now i have vented my frustrations

remember Hoodies do it with the top down :D