Oh No!

Guest piddy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest graham dockerill
:huh: Very strange Martin, sounds like the usual DVLA/VOSA comunications, the V5C stated first date of registration 1986, mine is 2004, but if he had SVA last year as the tax is now 12 mths old, it should read 2007. Poor sod can't even tax it tomorrow when tax is due.

Click the link and then scroll forward to 16.25

It takes a lot to get to but well worth a look at.

Who owned the car before Paul?

Martin.

It's a bit worrying, how many more are like this ? do we have to wait to get stopped by police to find out?

Dave

Guest MJThewlis

Firstly Paul sorry you are having continued grief but great story on local news - how is celebrity life!?!

In answer to the question "Mat-d-Rat" ... I owned the car before Paul. The donor Sierra was on a different number plate (C24 AWD) not the one issued to the RH (C905 OTW). DVLA did have to have two goes at getting the V5 log book right at the time when I registered the RH - originally it was returned as a Sierra again and I had to go back through the DVLA office to get it corrected - the documents all record the car as it should be.

Bumbling incompetence and farce spring to mind.

Firstly Paul sorry you are having continued grief but great story on local news - how is celebrity life!?!

In answer to the question "Mat-d-Rat" ... I owned the car before Paul. The donor Sierra was on a different number plate (C24 AWD) not the one issued to the RH (C905 OTW). DVLA did have to have two goes at getting the V5 log book right at the time when I registered the RH - originally it was returned as a Sierra again and I had to go back through the DVLA office to get it corrected - the documents all record the car as it should be.

Bumbling incompetence and farce spring to mind.

Hi Mat, well i was relieved to say it seemed to go ok,and they didnt include some of the comments that i made on camera regarding my feelings towards "the men with the funny hats on" which wouldnt have done me much good in the long run.The best thing about it is that it shows how disorganised and confused the authorities really are, and that their failure to do things properly can cause a poor old sod like me to loose my beauty sleep.I hope that my actions kick someone up the bum for not taking the time/trouble or brain power to notice the obvious, and spare me the time i spent trying to clarify the matter.I also hope that it may help prevent other owners from getting in the same situation when dealing with people who even though they are paid to think,sometimes just cant be bothered to notice the facts......The worst bit about my Telly appearance was that"poor old sod" that they paid to "play" me.....Oh no,hang on a minute, it WAS me!.......The best bit by far, was meeting that Most lovely reporter, Victoria Webb.....(it was luv at first sight) If only she felt the same about me !..... Regards to all, and thanks for the support. Mogzee

Edited by mogzee

Guest graham dockerill
:huh: Mat T, you say 'all the docs record the car as it should be'. if you watch the recording it states first registered 6/6/1986 and first registered in uk on the same date, it should state date registered after SVA. DVLA COCK UP?

(sigh). I just wish sometimes police officers would be a little more prepared to listen to people who do know what they're talking about rather than insist that they must always know best. It doesn't hurt to say, "I will need to go away and research this; I'll be in touch". It also concerns me, knowing what I know now about the DVLA just how much importance is placed on the contents of the PNC when we all know how many c*ck-ups there can be.

The last line of the clip was encouraging; at least Suffolk Police have agreed to make a few more enquiries .... they would never be able to make a prosecution case out of this when the V5 clearly states that the car is properly registered. Best of luck mate ;)

By the way, seeing you drive off in the car reminded me of "Back to the Future" for some reason....? :lol:

The "FACTS" in the DVLA computer reach further.

This year , before my trip to Le Mans , I phoned the AA to get some European cover, the same as previous year. That'll be an extra £70 ..... why?? Because you car is so old. We wont be able to do anything with a car nearly 20 years old, and its more likely to break down.

The car is a 2003 RobinHood 2B, sure it was based on some 1990 parts for age related plates, but its completely refurbished, SVA'd etc.

The previous year the cost was only about £20. They didn't check whatever with the computer data.

Graham B

best of luck Paul ;)

what is it about "there are none so blind......"

is it a case of cannot, will not, or can't be bothered to see <_<

"sorry sir, but that is what my computer say's"

of course, as we all know computers are never wrong :glare:

what happened to common sense and initiative :mellow:

By the way, seeing you drive off in the car reminded me of "Back to the Future" for some reason....? :lol:

thank god for that!

I thought it was only me that noticed the flux capacitor ;)

:p

cheers

ek B)

Guest Ian & Carole

Well I know I am only a thickie but I have looked on that link a dozen or more times now and can I find the content ??. nope!!!!!!!

Must be there somewhere 'cause you lot have seen it <_< <_<