Seat Mountings

Guest Mr Pid

Guest Mr Pid

After deciding that the sierra seats were just too crap to fit in my car i have bought a very fine pair of cobra racing seats which look rather smart.

Whilst fitting them to my car and lining them up i noticed that the rear outer bolt cannot be secured as it lines up directly on the rear sub frame mounting assembly, this is too big and awkward to get a bolt through.

If i move the seat forward the steering wheel is bang up on your chest and getting in and out is nigh on impossible.

So to check with the originals i put the frame in the car and the same problem occurs. the seat is fairly secure with just three bolts in it though, but wot would mr sva man say about this? has anyone else come across the same problem?

cheers <_<

I made a small bracket using flat steel plate about an inch wide and 3 inches long. It bolted to the underside of the seat at the normal mounting point, then positioned the other end where it could be bolted through the floor, avoiding the rear axle thing.

It's not passed SVA yet, but it feels pretty solid to me.