Head Gasket Set

Guest andrewbricknell

Guest andrewbricknell

Hi

I have an injection head I am going to put my carbed Pinto, can anyone advise which Gasket kit I use, I have had a look on Ebay at some pitures, the obvious difference is the inlet gasket, but the head looks the same.

Can I buy just one set to do the job or do I need a combination, the standard inlet gasget does not look as if it would cover the whole port because of the cut out for the injectors.

Thanks

Hi Brickers 911 I think you will find u need a inlet manifold gasket of a carb engine bcos if u use an injection one the cut outs in the gasket for the injectors arnt covered by the inlet manifold and it can suck in air this i realized when i woz doing mine . Hope this helps .

Bernie ;)

Guest andrewbricknell
Hi Brickers 911 I think you will find u need a inlet manifold gasket of a carb engine bcos if u use an injection one the cut outs in the gasket for the injectors arnt covered by the inlet manifold and it can suck in air this i realized when i woz doing mine . Hope this helps .

Bernie ;)

Thanks very much was the head gasket for a carb model too or are they the same

Guest chris brown
Thanks very much was the head gasket for a carb model too or are they the same

The only different gasket between carb and injected is the inlet manifold. BTW the cheaper pattern inlet gaskets are the best to use as they tend to have more material than the genuine item.

Hi if ur engines a 2ltr the headgasket is the same for both carbed and injection models . But if its only a 1.6 the gasket is different cos the bore is smaller i think iv heard ov people putting a 2.0ltr head on 1.6 so make sure u kno wot cc ur engine is .

Bernie B)