Shocks

Redspec

Hi

Just removed the tank to replace it and noticed the bottom bushes on the rear zimmers are shot so it looks like new shocks are in order. I know that lots of people have had to go down this route, does any one have the spec or part numbers for the front and rear units also what spring rating works best. :( :(

Also does any one know who can supply the 4 off U brackets that I will require or is it best to fab them.

The car is a 2005 superspec with rover engine

Thanks

Steve

Guest Ian & Carole

Steve

With the dampers off measure fully open length, eye centre to eye centre, and the same again fully closed this will give you something like ..........

13" open / 9" closed.

This figure will be different front and back.

Your spring rates want to be something like 350lb fronts and 300lb rear.

Once you know your open / closed measurement contact some one like dampertec

The guy there called Dave is really helpful and will guide you all the way.

HTHs

Hi

Thanks for that I have seen a few posts on the subject saying just that, I was just hoping that someone had done the hard work! :D I was trying to avoid stripping the car to measure, putting it back together and then stripping it again to fit the new shocks.

Thanks again

Steve

I bought mine from dampertech for my superspec. He didn't need any info from me apart from the fact that it was a superspec Robin Hood. He also threw in the bushes needed for the difference in bolt size. From memory I think the ones used by RH are 10mm and the hole size in the GAZ ones are 12mm.

I bought the u shaped brackets off the shelf from mach1 in Sheffield.

Hope this helps.

Jez

Ditto Dampertec no info needed for my 2b+. again got u brackets from Mac 1 see their web site at

www.mac1motorsports.co.uk

I think they were £2.50 ish. Again they have supplied to a lot of guys so will know exactly what you are talking about.

phil