Insurance

BigLee

just redone insurance. flux was higher than pickles so have gone with pickles.£135...fully comp. very nice to talk to on phone as well

happy with them B)

so happy that tin top is going with them as well, competetive.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just renewed my Insurance. Went with Frank Pickles.

6000 miles per annum - Fully Comp - Parts Only - RHOCaR Discount. £90.15

Went for the Breakdown Cover too (European) which was £69.50

Maybe I should curtail my foreign trips - Maybe not. :D :D :D

Just had my renewal from Sureterm Direct, Value £4,750 3000 miles £50 excess

Insurance £112.39

Breakdown cover £28.85

Total £141.24

Legal cover another £20.00

Premium Choice £100 excess

Insurance £127.15

Beakdown cover £36.00

Total £163.15

Frank Pickles £50 excess

Insurance £91.42

Breakdown cover £55.00

Total £146.42

Graham Sykes £50 excess

Insurance £89.98

Breakdown cover £20.00

Total £109.98

Legal cover £15.00

I was with Graham Sykes when I first built my car but their premium went from £130 up to over £160 after a few years so I've been with Sureterm for the last two. So it looks like I'm going back to Graham Sykes.

Just got to get a valuation letter from the club now for agreed valuation.

Les

Guest elliot tanner

OK so after ringing every insurer around I finally have a policy. For some reason insurance companys hang up the phone when you tell them your 21 and want to drive a 2.1 kit car. :huh:

Anyway, most people wont touch under 25's but 2getherinsurance and Adrian Flux gave me a quote.

Flux - £352

2gether - £235 (parts only)

So Gary from 2gether got my business and I think its a pretty reasonable quote seeing as I have 0 no-claims and bearing in mind the age. Quote is for £2600 value, 4000miles a year and includes commuting.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest buzzmason

Hi All... I insured my 2b with Graham Sykes (£91 Fully Comp 3k/Year) after a disaster with Mr Flux (I’m sure I can spell Flux a different way that would not be allowed on this site :lol: )

When I received my quote from Mr Flux via email, the first page of the pdf document had my details BUT the other pages had details of someone else and his wife, including DOB, Tel No, address, place of work, email address etc etc.

I told Mr Flux, via email, that they had Flux’d up and requested a correct quote… they sent the new quote the next day and guess what… it was the same thing…

I phoned Mr Flux, eventually speaking to a “MANAGER” and explaining what had happened. His reply was to blame it on the IT department and he would sort it….

I asked where did my details go???? Who had them now???

I email the person who I had the details for to let him know how inept Mr Flux is, he was astonished at what had been going on without him knowing… A direct breach of the privacy laws and completely open to ID theft.

This was about 5 weeks ago now and I still have had no reply from Mr Flux about what they have done to fix this nor where my details went to.

Needless to say I will never be using Mr Flux :diablo:

Guest manglemender

Just renewed my insurance with Premium Choice (Roadsure); They matched the price I got from Pickles so no need to go through the agreed value hoops again. Fully Comp, Agreed Value, 3K Miles £135.00

Nick

Hi

Just renewed my Insurance with 2Gether £196 Fully Comp with my 24 year old son on.

Premium Chice were asking for £344 TPFT big difference!!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

Just had the paper work back from Frank Pickles, last year I went with Premium Choice, they went through Roadshure then KGM cost £160.76, this year with Frank P they also went through KGM cost £77.16??????? same cover as well, it would seem like Roadshure were taking £83 just to pass on the insurance to KGM

peter2b

• 3 months later...

Was with Roadsure, but renewal quote said that I needed to pay £30 for administration, and £20 for an Accident manager (never had one, they must be blaming me for all yours!) total price £161.66p.

Decided not going to mess about with them, so called Frank Pickles (who I have the off-roader with) £85. thank you!

• 4 months later...

Here are my results after spending a morning ringing around:

Policy holder: Age 43yrs with clean license.

Additional Driver: Wife age 39 yrs with clean license.

Location: Village in Buckinghamshire, garaged at registered address.

NCB: None applicable as it is used on other cars.

Accidents: 2 “at fault” claims in other cars over the last 5 years (one hit & run, one where my wife used the car in front as a braking system). 1x 50/50 claim where she and another lady reversed at the same time in Tesco’s car park.

Mileage: up to 3000.

Cover: Fully Comprehensive.

Excess: £150.

Value: Agreed at £12K (TBC)

Included Extras: 50K legal, 90 days Europe cover.

And here are the quotes:

Adrian Flux: £235 (current provider)

Osbournes: £197

Graham Sykes: £205

Pickles: £191

Premium Choice: £158

• 2 months later...
Guest peter2b2002

just insured my Rangy, did a on line search came up with the AA on Go Compare @ 104.85 with free road side cover,

rang them up with the on line ref number got the cover, it was only as he was hanging up that I realised he said start date 10th wrong I wanted to start on the 9th , called straight back, sorry you cannot alter the date we have to cancel and you have to do another on line quote and call us back with the on line discount number, while I was on line going through the search engine quote the phone went, AA called back - nice girl did it all for me

peter2b :)

• 11 months later...
Guest peter2b2002

how time flies, looked at the AA to re insure my Rangy, tpf&t value £750 5k miles last year I paid £104.85, this year just for myself £295.68 :shok: then I put my wife on as another driver - £153.78 ????? why is it cheaper to have an exrta driver (females are supposed to be treated the same as males for insurance)than just myself??

I'm going to call them just to see why

peter2b