2.0 Zetec In An S7?

Guest Stuartl

Guest Stuartl

Once my S7 is back in more or less one piece I am hoping to fit a 2 litre Black top Zetec rather than a pinto.

Just wondered if anyone has done this and what the weight/power advantages are over a Pinto setup

The car is currently fitted with a 2.0 Scorpio engine but this has never run in the car although it was a runner when it was removed from the scorpio I understand. It just looks like it'll be a nightmare to wire up!

Well stap me vitals, I've been pestered. Not in the biblical sense.

In 'standard tune' the blacktop zetec is about 30Kg lighter and about 50% more powerful. But some pintos come with pierburg carbs and some with EFI which is at least 15 bhp difference and zetecs need you to add bike carbs/webbers/throttlebody or 4 and something in the way of an ECU so there is no such thing as standard.

I would look at all the 'common' engines that have sumps, bellhousings and manifolds easily available and go from there. So that's Zetec blacktop, Toyota 4AGE, Vauxhaull redtop and the Duratec.

Nigel

Guest Stuartl
Well stap me vitals, I've been pestered. Not in the biblical sense.

In 'standard tune' the blacktop zetec is about 30Kg lighter and about 50% more powerful. But some pintos come with pierburg carbs and some with EFI which is at least 15 bhp difference and zetecs need you to add bike carbs/webbers/throttlebody or 4 and something in the way of an ECU so there is no such thing as standard.

I would look at all the 'common' engines that have sumps, bellhousings and manifolds easily available and go from there. So that's Zetec blacktop, Toyota 4AGE, Vauxhaull redtop and the Duratec.

Nigel

Many Thanks Nigel, I have replied to the PM you sent me,

Regards

Stuart