S7 What's Typical Weight Of A Complete Car?

Guest Stuartl

Guest Stuartl

Just out of curiosity, what sort of weight would an S7 be with the Pinto Engine?

My old Sylva Striker came in at just under the 500kg mark and I know the S7 will be more but wondered how much.....

I think it will house a Black Top Zetec 2.0 in the end which I know is lighter than a Pinto :rolleyes:

I cant wait to get in the garage, light the woodburner and spend many a happy evening in there with Radio 2 and my faithfull old greyhound for company :)

IIRC the S7 is a bit lighter than a 2B.

A regular empty Pinto'd 2B will be between 700 & 750 kg at SVA.

Then you start the add-itis...V6, heater, screen, wipers, washer, spare wheel, roof hoops, CD player, radio (Why oh Why???), jack, spare tools, spare gallon of unleaded, windproof jacket, waterproof jackt, silly hat, stringback driving gloves, and on and on until it weighs just what the donor weiged in the first place... :D

Bob

Guest mower man
Just out of curiosity, what sort of weight would an S7 be with the Pinto Engine?

My old Sylva Striker came in at just under the 500kg mark and I know the S7 will be more but wondered how much.....

I think it will house a Black Top Zetec 2.0 in the end which I know is lighter than a Pinto :rolleyes:

I cant wait to get in the garage, light the woodburner and spend many a happy evening in there with Radio 2 and my faithfull old greyhound for company :)

Hi had my s7 on alocal weigh bridge came in @806 kg inc half tank of fuel etc.Weighed front to screen turned car round and weighed rear worked out to near perfect 52% front 48%rear .Hope this helps ,from mowerman.

Guest robinj66

Wikipedia says 830 -1040 kg.

Small car made from lightweight, paper thin panels with an alloy engine engineered to close tolerances. Sounds about right.

Shouldn't be faster then your 2b though, unless you leave three out of four plug leads off :D