Richard Stewart’s Mondeo-based, 5k

chris n

Guest cryoman

I saw this at Stoneleigh for the first time a few years ago. If i recall it was base on a V6 Mondeo. If i could seriously build that car to the Quality on show i would be seriously interested.

Although I would not be the test pilot and buy the first one and end up in the situation that the Lightweight owners found themselves in.

Nige

Guest Ian & Carole

I think it looks abso. fab

Nearly a Cobra from the front and also looks like a healey 3000 from the rear.

Another pic from Stoneleigh 2007, Tricky also had the car at Stafford this year, and still looked fab.

stoneleigh07001.jpg

The none SVA bit spins off the days when ......if you used the original "floor pan" of a car ..............

then it was SVA exempt ie the beach buggy based on the VW Beetle floor.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Although it's not my cup of tea I would love to see it in production but Peninsula sports cars took over Minari a while back and now the 5K and don't yet run to a website. I don't know their track record, rich dreamer or serious professional outfit. I hope it's the latter.

Nigel

ps Peninsula seem to be linked to Adrenaline who make the Murtaya and are engineers for Toniq-R so serious people. Excellent.

Guest graham.g

seen it at Stoneleigh 2007, and I think it looked awful. all the proportions are wrong for a cobra, the front looked way to fat and chunky.

And I wonder what strengthening there is to replace the roof being chopped off the mondeo.

I think it would have looked better if he tried to come up with an original design. Or Maybe the Mondeo size would have lent better to a Jaguar C type or possibly even a D type replica

Graham

Guest rhetorical-oracle

I can't see how this could be SVA exempt? Surely it would fall into the same sort of category as the likes of the Banham Spyder 550 thing which is based on an old Skoda with the roof chopped off, and these have to go through an SVA. Even Beetle chassis based cars (like the Pilgrim 356) need an SVA if the chassis is shortened or cut in any way. I can see VOSA jumping all over that not requiring and SVA if it goes into production. That said I do like it, in Tricky's true traditional style it's different from all the other Cobra clones out there.