Expected Fuel Economy

Guest MacMustang

Guest MacMustang

Hey guys,

I know this is probably a strange question for a kit car but any idea what the average MPG for a 2.0L based Pinto RH is? Be good to get a comparison between EFI and carb based SOHC. I've currently got an EFI set up with problems. Everyone I speak to basically suggests dumping the EFI for a carb set up but wondered what would happen to my fuel economy if I did... I'm going to use the RH as a daily driver and in this economy it's worth considering my options.

Cheers,

Adam

Guest chris brown
Because mine will be a daily driver ;)

So is mine (well most days when dry but must admit to using the MX5 more thees days) but it's still a toy. Loud pedal makes a big difference 9 mpg on track to 35 if really being extra careful i.e. in snow or icy conditions usually low 20s with EFI but there again it tends to be up close to the rev limiter in the lower gears each time. Just drive it like you stole it and have fun

Guest mower man
24 mph on a run with a 3.9 diff, bike carbs massively overfueling and a 285 cam

Hi I usually get around 25/27 to a gallon This is with a 2.1 / 38 DGAS /STANDARD ?CAM/HEAD .Have had 30 plus or as low as15 beening loony .LEMANS trip this year 1175 miles on 200 litres agood mix of all sorts of driving. Hope this helps ,MOOWERMAN

Guest FIRSTBUILD

just checked my efi - 33mpg - probably never went over 3000 rpm

I changed the thermostat and coolant tem sensor this year and got another 8mpg !

Steve

Guest MacMustang

Cheers guys,

I have to say I didn't realise the Pinto was that fuel hungry. I used to have an old 2.9L Xr4x4 (ok I had 5) and it would do 18mpg around town (loud pedal was always roaring) and 24mpg+ on a run. I understand the 24v is slightly better on fuel so the one I have sat in my garage might have to be put into the hood earlier than planned!

I'm assuming the red tops etc get better economy than the pinto boys?

Adam