Website Creation Software

Guest Stuartl

Guest Stuartl

I need to create a basic website with a few pages of text and pics of work I have done. I dont need video or arty farty things, just very basic and easy to use (for me, not the user)!!

Many Thanks,

Stuart

Guest lucavigg
I need to create a basic website with a few pages of text and pics of work I have done. I dont need video or arty farty things, just very basic and easy to use (for me, not the user)!!

Many Thanks,

Stuart

I was sceptical at first, but for basic things, I found Mr Site quite good. It can grow in terms of features when you want it to. Only downside, no demo. You get a domain name and the middle package for about £40.

Luca

Guest Nigel Novice

I find Serif software extremely good value (free to try) and as in his case only a tenner for full jobby, I use their Pageplus program and liked it so much I bought the com... ;)

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/...lus/default.asp

and depending on your ISP you should have a bit of web space to host it, Virgin give you 50MB enough for a small one

I use 'front page express' it comes as part of Microsoft Office (along with word, excel, PowerPoint). It's very much like using 'Word' but it saves the HTML files to the hard disk. I then upload them to my old Freeserve site.

Guest Stuartl
I use 'front page express' it comes as part of Microsoft Office (along with word, excel, PowerPoint). It's very much like using 'Word' but it saves the HTML files to the hard disk. I then upload them to my old Freeserve site.

Thanks for all the replies!

I have gone for the Webs site which seems to be working ok at the moment, I just need to learn how to resize my pics!

I see there is a thing on here about that so I'll have to get reading :D