A Newbie Iva Question

Guest lucavigg

Guest lucavigg

I'm currently building a Zero. It was supplied with 2L Zetec engine, second hand rear hubs, shafts and diff and front hubs, which I had shotblasted and repainted. Actually, the shafts were swapped for recons by my local motor spares place. I'm going to be getting Gearbox, Throttle bodies and ECU from GBS later on in the build.

My question is, as I don't have a donor vehicle and therefore no V5, what paperwork will IVA need from me and what plate will I get when (or if) I pass?

Thanks

Luca

Guest zoomzoom

Think it will be a 'Q' plate as you don't have a donor for an age related plate or are the parts you are using new? if they are you could go for a new plate (58 or 09)

Keep all receipts and I mean ALL receipts and take pictures of your build as proof you built it.

Also keep all kind of bears and other furry animals as far away from the car as poss if you want it built on time!!

Guest markhorton
Keep all receipts and I mean ALL receipts and take pictures of your build as proof you built it.

Definately agree with that. I sent off my paperwork only to be told that it wasn't enough and had to supply photos and receipts to prove where the parts came from and also that I had built the car.

Guest lucavigg
Call Richard at GBS & explain your dilemma.....he may be able to find the V5 for the car your bits came from.

I'll see if Richard has the V5 although I doubt it. "Q" plate wouldn't be a disaster, but would obviously prefer a new or an age related one.

Luca

Keep an eye out for a very cheap Sieera of any sort with a V5 and buy that.

Also there has been a pile of Sierra bits on Ebay with a V5 for about £135 once you have a V5 sell of bits you dont want to recoup the money, keep VIN plates, change engine numbers of current engine to V5 and you have an age related history.

This is coming up as a problem quite a lot now and we may need to do a sticky post.

When considering/researching your kit car purchase and when you start building make sure you have

(please add any points I have missed Gentlemen)

V5 of donor car with VIN plates and Chassis numbers removed (this will prevent reuse of your donor documents, VIN number etc). DVLA

Photograph donor dismantling. DVLA & VOSA/SVA

Have documentary proof of proper disposal of donor. DVLA

Photographs of build, some with you in the photograph VOSA/SVA

Recipt for kit car parts/chassis, body etc. from manufacturer of if bought second hand/part built from previouse owner. DVLA

Reciepts of all extra bits and pieces that you buy in the construction of your kit. DVLA

Proof of engine age (easy with any Ford engine except the older American V8's) VOSA/SVA for emissions

Proof of newness of Chassis/kit if you are going for a new registration, get this from the kit manufacturer. DVLA

Proof that engine is new as are all major componants except for one reconditioned part, proof also needed.

Design weights of the finished kit car, get this from the manufacturer of the kit, this is not the actual axle weights of the finished kit car but the total all up maximum weights over the axles that the kit car is designed to cope with, if your over axle weights are more than this the car will fail. (something like 650 rear, 550 front on a 2B) i got a bit close on my Series 3a with 450 rear.VOSA/SVA

Guest boggybogstar

I have a V5 for my Sierra that I used for donor parts, theres obviously nothing left of the car but it's registered as SORN.

Because I changed my mind through my build I'm hoping to get a new 09 plate (March 1st!) as I now have certificate of Newness's for all the major parts apart from the axle.

So - How much is my V5 for the Sierra worth? (it has a nice plate too - K 38 and three letters!)

I want to keep it until I definatley have the 09 plate but it may be available in March !