Electric Hoods

Guest Chordpurist

Guest Chordpurist

Hi

Has anyone considered (or built) an electrically powered kit? It must be feasable.

It would certainly make your kit a one off and different from anything else out there.

I would love to build a kit with similar performace to the Wrightspeed X1.

Dave

Guest chris brown
Hi

Has anyone considered (or built) an electrically powered kit? It must be feasable.

It would certainly make your kit a one off and different from anything else out there.

I would love to build a kit with similar performace to the Wrightspeed X1.

Dave

There are one or two firms who have produced prototypes of kits but I don’t think there is any on the market as yet. There was an Atom looking car at Stafford (I think) which was said to have fantastic performance. Only trouble was cost.

Guest pwlcarz

Weight of batteries would kill any performance on a Seven type car, plus limitations on range.

Obvious place for batteries would be the rear so with all that weight at the back it would make some something incredibly tail happy (given you could get up enough speed).

Top Gear had the Teslar on last night and even using latest technology Lithium batteries had handling "issues" (although straight line performance was amazing). Pity the batteries died after 54 miles and not the 200 the manufacturer claimed.

Top Gear did say the Tesla was on low rolling resistance tyres,so better rubber would help, & with Clarkson driving economy is bound to be less than stated --big bloke with very heavy feet is Jeremy. I would have one to-morrow---if the weekly allowance would stretch.

Guest salty_monk

South African Entreprenour... his other company is working on becoming the first non government agency to launch satellites into space & space tourism from memory.... lives out my way these days.

Dan :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest timswait
South African Entreprenour... his other company is working on becoming the first non government agency to launch satellites into space & space tourism from memory.... lives out my way these days.

Dan :)

Mark Shuttleworth? Didn't know he was into cars too.

THORR makes one.....

See the clip

and here is the official homepage

Thorr by Evisol

read the comments on the youtube page they are insane. No idea why people have gone nuts, they keep going on about the sound of V8's which doesnt make much sense to me as the lotus 7 was never intended to have a v8 as far as i know. :huh:

Until the range problems are sorted out for electric cars it's like having a V8 with a 2 gallon tank that runs on ethanol. Yes it may well have stonking performance but there's only five places in the country you can fill up and the range is so limited you would hardly dare to go for a drive of more than 50 miles without a support vehicle. Trackday? Yes but only for an hour and you would have to tow it there and back. About as useful as these new energy saving lightbulbs.

Nigel

Guest axle man again
I know sevens never had v8s but don't they sound so good :yahoo:

peter2b

In my opnion, a Seven is not a Seven without a rasping exhaust note! Who hasn't changed down to 3rd when top would do, just to blip the throttle for an audible delight? Come on, we all have and still do!! ;)

Edited by axle man again