Well That My Christmas Ruined

miikae

I have just been out to check that my battery Optimate is still working ok , and what do i find my new Cobra 7 seats have been eaten by rats by the look of it or should i say sh*te , how the hell they got in i dont know , as no chew marks on the doors or hood , so i assume via the engine bay or prop tunnel , but even then i cant see how , i will have another look when i cool down a bit and give my cat a damn good talking to , no food for him today .

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhh

Mike

post-1892-1230130716_thumb.jpg

I have just come down from the ceiling and had another look and it would appear the varmites came in through the handbrake lever hole , yes the one thing i hadnt quite got around to sealing with a gator , a bit late now i know but there is a steel plate over it with a block of wood on it now ,(bolting horses and all that) oh well hoover will have to come out tomorrow to help suck all those large turds and bits of foam and seat covering vinyl , and i thought that i was about finishes oh how wrong i was hey ho ,

Merry Christmas one and all .

I suppose now i will have to fit my leather electric XJ jag seats now if i can squeeze them in humm .

Mike

post-1892-1230130504_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1230130548_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1230130566_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1230130577_thumb.jpg

My mum does mini stocking for her grandchildren for xmas (7 of them), she had these in here study ready and loaded. Went in two days ago to move some stuff around, and a mouse had eaten into 4 of them leaving holes and eating lots of chocolate! She not a happy bunny now, but they did find one rather large mouse...

Oh Matt , it never rains but pours eh , i did catch 2 mice a few weeks ago in the cold spell eating the dog food from a hole they made in the sack, but they have now been cremated in the Parkray and helping the heating system , well just deserts for them varmits .

Mike

i had mices in my seats when i was building....

wasnt at all happy either

even worse they had nibbled the edges of one of my seatbelts, and a matching replacement wasnt available.....

Sorry to maybe add to your woes---check all your wiring--- rats & mice love the taste of PVC---I've seen mains voltage wires stripped to bare copper without killing the pests---make sure your garage is rat hole free before any car repairs though.

Sorry to maybe add to your woes---check all your wiring--- rats & mice love the taste of PVC---I've seen mains voltage wires stripped to bare copper without killing the pests---make sure your garage is rat hole free before any car repairs though.

Sorry to say i cant get it into the garage as its full of my motor bikes , however i will check it over in the morrow and see if it starts ok , hope there are no lodgers in the webbers as i had taken the foam piper filters off !!

Mike

Tough break but it's got to be worth a quick email to total kit car, with pics for publishing on the letters page. Possible titles could be, Is this a common fault with Cobras?, The cats been fired! or I think a mongoose has been at my Cobra. etc

Nigel

Nice one Nigel thanks for that , how about rat kills a pair of cobras & guard cat bannished to london to seek his fortune .

Job done emailed TKC

Now i have got a real Rat Rod and endorsed by a real rat who left his calling cards ! :)

Mike

Guest salty_monk

We had a fieldmouse in the house a few years back... only thing it ate was the missus very expensive retro leather cushion. Told her the damn thing was a waste of money! :lol:

I wonder if Cobra would sell you a set of covers for those seats or re-cover them for you....

We had a fieldmouse in the house a few years back... only thing it ate was the missus very expensive retro leather cushion. Told her the damn thing was a waste of money! :lol:

I wonder if Cobra would sell you a set of covers for those seats or re-cover them for you....

I have already sent Cobra an email complete with my invoice number as it lists all the additions they did for me coloured pipeing etc.

Just have to wait and see what they say and how much its going to cost .

Mike