Cracking Weather

Guest SEgan

What a great winter break!

I have been celebrating my festive season this year by enjoying forcing lots of cool air through my carbs, after the last couple of summers it's hard to remember such a long period of dry weather.

After many miles of testing at temperatures close to freezing I conclude that

1) My bike carbs do not suffer from icing and therefore I will not bother connecting the heaters

2) Cold air makes my car fly

3) Sidescreens stop your face freezing :o

Hope everyone is enjoying the festive period

Have a Happy New Year :hi:

Sean

Anyone else been out to play?

Guest salty_monk

Did the sun go in then?? :D

Seriously though we had more rain here this year & cold, not the same as you lot though!

Went out on the bike for a run up the coast the other day :)

Guest axle man again
What a great winter break!

I have been celebrating my festive season this year by enjoying forcing lots of cool air through my carbs, after the last couple of summers it's hard to remember such a long period of dry weather.

After many miles of testing at temperatures close to freezing I conclude that

1) My bike carbs do not suffer from icing and therefore I will not bother connecting the heaters

2) Cold air makes my car fly

3) Sidescreens stop your face freezing :o

Hope everyone is enjoying the festive period

Have a Happy New Year :hi:

Sean

Anyone else been out to play?

I made the Christmas prezzie run in mine (silver and blue Santa's sleigh!) with parcels stashed in the passengers foot well and strapped into the passengers seat. :D

Paul

Hi

Had a couple of days out over the break.

Boxing day for a bash around the hills, Just to clear the head. Sidescreens on..3.5 deg C

Next day took Mum ( 84) down to Alan Builders as the TVH Mince pie run postponed. -- 0.5 deg C . Wiggly route -- Mum made me stop and put the roof on !!. she go too cold ..then she had my sheepskin over her knees and was happy; game old bird.!!

Craned her back in ( thanks Tim) and took her home via the A roads --Big grin - no traffic.

Happy New Year all.

Graham B

Guest shaggy

I had a blast a couple of weeks ago. Got caught out in freezing fog though and after needing to stop 10 times to clear the frozen screen I had to give up and come back.

Si

Guest axle man again
post-2536-1231007993_thumb.jpg

this is brecon last night

With the temperature as low is it must have been and no screen,your smile must be frozen into place! .........................as a march hare springs to mind! :o

Edited by axle man again

Guest fozzy2007
With the temperature as low is it must have been and no screen,your smile must be frozen into place! .........................as a march hare springs to mind! :o

It was not as bad as i expected. My legs and feet and lower middle area were warm but above that i was pretty much frozen solid. i had a wolly hat, sunnies and shemagh over my face so not that cold there but even seal skin gloves could not keep my fingers warm and 5 layers of t-shirts, jumpers and heavy coats could not keep my chestwarm. At one point the temp was -2.

But the main thing was that the car loved the cold air. Also, it was supplrisingly stable on the ice. If i wanted the back end to stray, i had to push it, otherwise it just wanted to go in a straight line. That was, i admit, a slight problem on the corners but overstreer sorted that problem out.

I advise everyone to take there kits out on the ice (somewhere safe so you can lose it and recover without any risk of damge). It is a massive confidence builder.

Thanks

Fozzy

Guest fozzy2007

oops!

Lol. was talking to about 30 officers the other day who were marshalling the traffic after the football game and none of them picked up on that. i just hope its because you know the law about these cars very well, and that your the only one that will pick up on it.

One for you though enforcer. My car is tax and tested, but at the moment, i have to carry my tax disc along with all my other paperwork in my pocket. Is it an offence not to display a tax disc, or just not to have one in the vehicle. i have noticed that there are a few of these style cars with thew tax disc mounted in the passenger well which is out of sight. I have a tax disc holder (motorbike style) on the way however.

Thanks

Fozzy

Actually you're right ... it IS an offence not to display the tax disc, and technically it must be on the windscreen on the nearside. That said I do not affix mine to the screen as it significantly reduces my field of view to the nearside and could potentially obscure your view of, for example, a child on the pavement. I have mine firmly bolted to the upper dash chassis rail, as near to the nearside screen as poss. The law still tolerates a certain amount of discretion and I do not believe that any magistrate would see this as unreasonable. Failure to DISPLAY is a non-endorseable (£3o ticket) offence. Not having a tax disc is endorseable and will cost you points.

These days your excise licence is more likely to be checked through an ANPR camera; you will pass through undisturbed provided there is a licence in force for that vehicle on that day, regardless of where you are displaying it (or not).

As for the number plate you're probably right in that many officers wouldn't be aware of more obscure elements of construction and use regulations. I can guarantee though that the traffic bods would have you. Off the top of my head I believe that registration in April 1972 would have been the last date when you could have legitimately displayed a black and silver plate. Might be wrong on that but it is definately 1971 or 1972. Might cost you a £30 ticket.