New Seats

richard mackay

I've just bought a pair of roadster 7 seats for my mk2.After fitting the drivers seat and climb in,i find i'm looking over the windscreen.

I'm now moding the seats a bit.I bought the seats from gbs(kit parts direct)and think they improve the car no end My problem is i'm

six foot three tall.Another problem is the seat manufacturers sizes never have the height of the bit you sit on in the spec.

Just wondered if anyone has hade this problem before and also to tall guys and gals out there to think about this.

Happy new year everybody

Richard

Guest chris brown
I've just bought a pair of roadster 7 seats for my mk2.After fitting the drivers seat and climb in,i find i'm looking over the windscreen.

I'm now moding the seats a bit.I bought the seats from gbs(kit parts direct)and think they improve the car no end My problem is i'm

six foot three tall.Another problem is the seat manufacturers sizes never have the height of the bit you sit on in the spec.

Just wondered if anyone has hade this problem before and also to tall guys and gals out there to think about this.

Happy new year everybody

Richard

Are you trying to fit the seats complete with runners/subframe? Most find that the seats have to be bolted direct to the floor

Guest axle man again

Happy new year everybody

Richard

I have Cobra 7s on runners in my 3A. I'm 6'2" and have to slide down in the seat a little with the hood up - solution = no hood up! ;)

Paul

Are you trying to fit the seats complete with runners/subframe? Most find that the seats have to be bolted direct to the floor

I forgot to say that i had bolted them straight to the floor.What i've done is raised the front and reduced some of the padding.

It has lowerd me nearly 4 inches belive it or not.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

My heart goes out to all of you tall guys , iv'e just fitted cobra roadster 7's to the superspec after altering and using the runners from the recarro's ,still had to raise them 20mm, mind you i'm only 5' 8"

I have a S7 and have the same problem.I'm 6'4" and have intertrim seats which are similar to what you have.If you lift the front of the seat up I then have a problem with my knees hitting the dash.I have now modded the dash and fitted a quick release steering wheel to make it easier to get in and out.(I will try and post some pics tomoz)

I wanted to buy a 2b but bought this S7 through ebay with out looking at it or trying it for size.Wish i had bought a 2b because i have plenty of room in them :rolleyes:

Andy