Front Indicator Position

Tazzzzman1

;) Hi,

I am fitting the front indicators (bike indicators) to the nose cone, however I need some minor clarification. I have seen drawings etc which state that the indicators must be 400mm max from the edge of the car. The drawings I have seen are a little unclear. Can anyone tell me if the 400mm dimension is to the widest points of the car (the rear) or just to the front wheel edge?

cheers

Terry :rolleyes:

Guest rhetorical-oracle

My Superspec passed SVA fine with the indicators on the Cycle wings:

fa812b94.jpg

SVA inspector said that they'd had a clarification from VOSA stating that the indicators should only be inspected with the wheels in the straight ahead position, so as the lights are visible under these conditions then it would pass, even though the indicators move with the wheels when turned.

Guest Ian & Carole
I don`t think you can put the front indicator on the wing ,because it moves but the side repeaters can go there.

Await to be corrected

Dave

:rofl: :fool: :lol: must be a world record

11 mins :rofl:

i have the RH supplied indicators (the motorbike ones that i believe are off a honda) which i have on the sides of my nose cone. I then have side repeaters (again the rh ones) on the body side panels a little behind the front wheels. The SVA man at avonmouth didn't measure then at all. i used an sva manual to get the angles which teh lights must be visible at from the front and just made sure all the angles worked.

i think if you go to my profile you can see a picture of my car.

hth

i have the RH supplied indicators (the motorbike ones that i believe are off a honda) which i have on the sides of my nose cone. I then have side repeaters (again the rh ones) on the body side panels a little behind the front wheels. The SVA man at avonmouth didn't measure then at all. i used an sva manual to get the angles which teh lights must be visible at from the front and just made sure all the angles worked.

i think if you go to my profile you can see a picture of my car.

hth

Cheers,

I have extended my front indicators to ensure they meet 400mm dimension to the edges of the front wheels. The rest I have configured the same as yours. Guess I will have to chance it and keep my fingers crossed.

Terry

Hi Terry,

the front track on the slimy pillock is far narrower than the rear.

they meet 400mm dimension to the edges of the front wheels.

I would say youre very unlikley to get away with it.

Try making up a spacer before the SVA, I just fitted a tube across the front of the nosecone, welded a nut onto each end & screwed the M/C indicator into that. The wires ran inside the tube & out again inside the nosecone.

Bob

Mine have been fitted on the wings for years.

No problem with SVA inspector in 2003

Must have been about SVA time as the padding is still on the track rod.

graham B

Mine too.. ;)