Efi Loom

Guest Pilch

Guest JimmyRH

Before everything I'm going to say....

AAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don't understand it.. When it was runnen on Carbs, it ran great, and now I've done what Chris said but I'm not getting fuel in the rail or sparks from the plugs... I hear the big relais click, and when I take out the smaller brown one And connect the connections with a wire fuel is coming out, but when Ik connect the relay nothing happens.

I'm now going to take the whole loom out of the car and I'm going to write down and draw everything i did so I hope I'm going to find out what went wrong, or what I forgot..

Normally I work on Opel (Vauxhall), and I did a few Astra MK1 (kadett D) conversions to 2 liter engines but this Ford stuff I'm breaking my head on. :sorry: . How much work is it to put in a red top in a Series 3A... when I'm not gettig it sorted I'm going to relace it.

Guest peter2b2002

a few years ago my efi lost the power feed to the pump after I filled up at a petrol station, had to hot wire it to get home, never did find out why there was no power to the pump even though the relay clicked, so now the pump feed goes through a fuse/ kill switch/safty switch/pump

peter2b

Guest JimmyRH

I've tried it also to connect it direclty to the ignition live.. but nothing... yes the pump ran, but it didn't fire up.

Yhe engine is going round, the starter is doing it's work... So I'm going to take out all the EFi electrics and start over.. maybe I'm forgetting something, you never know :unknw:

Edited by JimmyRH

Guest JimmyRH

I took it all out.. and connected everything wit a 1 fits only 1 connector.. then I had left.. the 2 big plugs. the brown and the black one.

I found this on: http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?140915-Sierra-EFI-Loom-Conversion&daysprune=-1

black plug:

red/blue wire to permanent live.

black wire to ignition live.

those are the only wires you need off that plug.

brown plug:

thick red to thick red on yellow 3 pin connector of red relay,

brown/green to brown/green on yellow 3 pin,

red/thin blue to red/thin blue on brown 4 pin connector,

blue/thin red to blue/thin red on brown 4 pin connector,

black to black on brown 4 pin connector.

the remaining red/black wire on brown 4 pin goes to fuel pump via a fuse.

red relay: remaining blak/yellow wire is ignition live and the spare terminal is for a permanent live.

Oke, So I've done this but nothing happens, the red relai clicks but nothing else, when i take the fuelpump connection and I add it to the black one on the brown relay the pump pumps and the injectors are opening, but this is not ignition coordinated :unknw:

I'm no hero with this stuff, but If I don't get this problem soved I will going to have to pay somebody to take a look at it.

Have you connected all of your brown earth wires? i can't remember their locations, but there's definitely one near the spark module, and one near the injectors.

i used a loom from a pinto granada and only had 4 other wires to connect:

red: perm live

black: switched live

black/red: fuel pump

green: tacho feed

Guest JimmyRH

Ik will look into this, thanks. I've been searching for a granada loom also because this one is easier to connect. But in Holland this in Holland this can't be found.

I will search for any forgotten brown wires.

The strange thing is that when I connect the - from the fuelpump, to the - on the battery.. And I connect the + feed tot the relay on the way it should be connected, the relay does NOT open, but when I connect it to the black wire on the relay, it starts pumping and the relay opens.. but as I said, this is not ignition feed.

Edited by JimmyRH