2.0ltr Efi Pinto - Positive Crankcase Breather Setup

Guest mattcarpenter10

Guest mattcarpenter10

Hi Guys,

Anyone have a clue on how the EFi Pinto is supposed to be set up for breathing at the crankcase!? Ive bought an already built RH that has a small idle problem and trying to suss out if its crankcase breather related. So far I have read several different ways of breather set up - not one of them reflecting mine!

Can all those on here with the EFi SOHC 2.0 8valve let me know how theres is set up!?

Cheers,

Matt

crankcase breather feeds back into the tube that runs from the air filter to the airflow meter.

efi idling problems are usually a build up of crap in the airflow meter - give it a good clean to make sure it closes properly

Guest mattcarpenter10
crankcase breather feeds back into the tube that runs from the air filter to the airflow meter.

efi idling problems are usually a build up of crap in the airflow meter - give it a good clean to make sure it closes properly

Thanks Neil, Im still interested to hear other peoples responses as i have reason to believe there are a few different methods!

Mine is as you described though!

Am I right to assume you have a fresh external air breathing filler cap!?

oops - getting my term mixed up....

the breather from my oil filler cap goes to the tube between the air flow meter and the throttle body

its the throttle body that is usually the problem and needs a good clean

that is the only breather I can see on mine at a quick glance

Guest mattcarpenter10
oops - getting my term mixed up....

the breather from my oil filler cap goes to the tube between the air flow meter and the throttle body

its the throttle body that is usually the problem and needs a good clean

that is the only breather I can see on mine at a quick glance

ah right ok - so from the oil seperator under the inlet manifold, where does it feed to??

Guest mattcarpenter10
found it

crankcase breather goes into the inlet of no. 1 cylinder on mine

only number one cylinder? Others have quoted going in between cyls 1&2 and 3&4.....

Guest peter2b2002

I got cheesed off cleaning the idle valve every 500mls or so , took the breather pipe off the oil filler cap fitted new pipe to a tin to collect any oil then blanked off the pipe that goes to the inlet manifold/air flow meter 2k later still got a good tick over.

peter2b

Guest mattcarpenter10
I got cheesed off cleaning the idle valve every 500mls or so , took the breather pipe off the oil filler cap fitted new pipe to a tin to collect any oil then blanked off the pipe that goes to the inlet manifold/air flow meter 2k later still got a good tick over.

peter2b

The hose on the Oil Filler Cap is supposed to be drawing air in from the inlet, to place fresh air inside the crankcase.

What arrangement do you have under the inlet manifold!?

Guest mattcarpenter10
Hi,

My breather comes out of the crankcase on inlet side of the engine splits in to 2 and joins on the manifold underneath on to 2 connections either side of the manifold

Dan

what year is your engine?